ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1.2 V 172 Offical result!!

Lionel Richie

Ok theres been a lot of (silly) talk about 1.2s beating Evos etc. Anyone with any sense knows that a 1.2 aint gonna beat much. Anyway, today on my way home from Maccy Ds a black MK2 172 came up beside me (had a zorst and sounded like it had an induction), i stuck my head out the window and nodded, and we both nailed it. Result???? Surprise, surprise 172 absoultely pissed all over me!!!!!! Gave him a flash, and he waved as i turned off. Reg was B*** WRJ or WRZ

OK - now thats sensible! I remember being totally wasted by a Williams in my old 1.2 - totally, totally, totally!

Mind you, I love the look of the Dynamique range. Its just a bit of a shame for 172 drivers that the latest 172 isnt quite as distinguished in terms of looks from the rest of the range in the way that the 5 Turbo, 16v, Williams and original 172 were.

In some ways its good that the 172 does not stand out,
1. less likely to get nicked
2. good for suprising people
3. I like the stealth/Q car approach although more people do know what it is now.

Its not quite anonymous for my liking! In my 1.4RT nobody bothers - I go out in the 172 and every spotting git in a Nova want to race it: a) Im running it in, and b) I wouldnt waste the petrol