ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v - Induction kits :S

T

Tom1D

Hey, i have 1 .4 16v clio and I was wondering if any 1 had any thoughts on the best induction kit, ive only registered and paid today and im only 17 so i was wondering if any1 with more age and or wisdom could help. Also these ECOTEK valves and FSE Power Boost valves available through our good friends K-tec, are they the same thing, is it worth me spending more cash?? Thanks.

Tom

no one on here rates ECOTEK valves, iv never tried one and i dont think i will.

in my 1.4 16v iv got a ITG pannel filter and a cold air feed, dont no if ill go for the full induction kit but if i do i will be a viper or ITX Maxogen

Clio 1.4 16v
I have a 1.4 16v now, on my old 1.2 16v I had an ecotek valve and it didn't make a blind bit of difference so I wouldn't recommend it. As for the FSE valve, I am aware that they are pretty pointless on small engined cars. At the mo I have a full scorpion exhaust and on the way is an induction kit with its cold air feed. But beware I am 19 and the exhaust rates quite highly on the insurance scales of mods. hope this helps

T

Tom1D

D4ve said:

in my 1.4 16v iv got a ITG pannel filter and a cold air feed, dont no if ill go for the full induction kit but if i do i will be a viper or ITX Maxogen

Whereabouts does the panel filter go then, sorry im not exactly a world expert on engines. And isnt a cold air feed forced induction anyway. Sorry.
Dont reply if u think its too much trouble to try and explain to me,
cheers tho D4ve

T

Tom1D

no im an idiot, a panel filter does the same job as an air filter, but isnt the panel filter inside the standard airbox instead of taking that off and adding a cone?
Cheers (sorry)

Motorbikes
yeah a panel filter replaces the existing air filter inside the existing box, you can then run a CAF into the box or leave that as it is, an induction kit replaces the whole existing box, andf a cAF is essential as previously mentioned. i have a k&n induction kit on my 1.2 16v and it is much slower since despite the CAF it still draws in too much hot air. a closed cone induction kit would be better though.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
You guys spend too much money trying to gain an improvement on a 1.2/1.4, save it and buy a bigger engine motor...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
He's right though, how rediculous is buying a £200 or £300 induction kit for something with less than 100bhp ??? Or is that what we're trying to achieve here ?

I'd spend your money on show rather than go as that's what you're trying to get anyway really. Just get a £50 induction from K+N for some noise, back box if you want to go that far, then some speakers and you're off !

www.renparts.co.uk
Its all relative though....
People who drive scoobies probably think what are these people doing messing with their poxy 172/182's/..... Spending k's on throttle bodies etc..
Id rather someone spend money for a small engine on an induction kit than a sound system. If anything thats going to slow it down further. Im not a believer in induction kits, personally i would choose a panel filter, i feel induction kits just make noise...
thanks
josh

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
i think my K&N generation 2 kit fuckin rules!!! Regardless of what anyone says about it only bein a 1.4, couldnt give a s**t!!

^^^ Hell Yeah!! i dont no if ill get an inducation kit but if i do it will be a 172/182 one because thats what i want for my next car.

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
Mattsclio! said:
i think my K&N generation 2 kit f**kin rules!!! Regardless of what anyone says about it only bein a 1.4, couldnt give a sh*t!!

I've got a K&N on my clio with 2 cafs and I love it, was like 80 quid or sumin and it has kept a smile on my face every time i drive my car. :star:

T

Tom1D

GavFre said:
You guys spend too much money trying to gain an improvement on a 1.2/1.4, save it and buy a bigger engine motor...

Problem is, getting bigger motors mean spending alot more than 200 odd quid on insurance, which i cant afford,and as the other bloke said, its all relative, if i could insure a 172 i would, but i ring up for a quote and they either laugh, or tell my a huge amount of cash, im not loaded yeh.

T

Tom1D

dj_andy17uk said:
The cold air feed is essential otherwise the air inlet will soak up hot air from the engine, here is the induction kit that I will purchase http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8070681828&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1, seems quite good for the money and simota are big in the japanese scene.
The cold air feed on your car should be just behind the passenger side headlight.

Cheers, however my engine isnt like that, the filter box is different and there is not engine cover, it just has the 4 coil packs on top and thats it, ill try and add a photo to show you tomorrow if it doesnt piss down, thanks for your help tho.

Tom

Clio 1.4 16v
Yeh would be interestin to see how the engine bay has changed in models. And in relation to GavFre's comment, we can't all afoord to run and insure a 172/182!! while your insurance may be pitence it is not the same for us young drivers!!

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
D4ve said:

I got a ITG Panel Filter on mine, I compared it with a 1.4RT with an Induction Kit and although it doesn't make the roar it still gives you that lil' bit of performance

Motorbikes
I bet that most people who modify 1.2s cant afford to insure/maintain a 2.0 litre clio! ie me!!! I would love a faster car, but I the cheapest I can insure a 172 for is £2200, whereas I can insure a fully modded 1.2 for just over a grand, and its probably more fun too ragging the nuts off a wee car. better fuel economy too.