ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v MPG f**k me!

lol hiya guys,

Im not impressed with the MPG im getting from my 2003 dynamique 1.4 16v...Ive got a K+N filter and sebring backbox and I admit I do give it a bit of stick occasionally but as a whole im seein pretty poor MPG...at the moment its showing 26.8 on the digital display!!! Ive only done about 20 miles since filling up at the petrol station and most of this was sensible driving since then..Ive asked renault to update the engine management software and they say theyve done it...is there anyway to check?

David

Put the old airfilter back on the new induction kit may not be helping. The K and N filters have oil on them I belive and this can mess up the mass airflow sensor.

Driving short distances at slow speed round town doesnt do much for good MPG.

No way to check for a new engine managment you could always try another dealership if you dont trust yours.