ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/4 mile

While watching The Fast and Furious last night on ITV which i got to say i love the breaks every 5 minutes....... just got me wondering what the average 1/4 mile time is for a standard 172 Cup, with a good driver at the wheel?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 16 December 2004
14.8-15.2 dependant on where run.York times are always quicker than pod times:confused:

i also think this from experiance but its debatable! i know people with better pod times than york! :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I fancy a go at this but my off-the-line reactions arent very good as I get nervous... probably stall first time! lol.

Lee

BMW M2C

Once you start Si you wont want to stop.

Ive been up against some stupid cars which have left me for dead. Then other times Ive gone against cars that should have done me yet beaten them. Either way its great fun.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

might have to go next year then.... :) Think I might watch for a bit... it all seems a bit scarey!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

Quote: Originally posted by Justy on 16 December 2004

how do valvers fair down the quarter??

Went once with my standard valver and got high 16s @ Pod

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by eves on 16 December 2004
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">yeah and how bout standard 172s!!?!?

My mk2 172 with just a zorst runs 14.8s

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jonny on 16 December 2004

While watching The Fast and Furious last night on ITV which i got to say i love the breaks every 5 minutes....... just got me wondering what the average 1/4 mile time is for a standard 172 Cup, with a good driver at the wheel?
Low 15s on average...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 16 December 2004

York times are always quicker than pod times:confused:
Debatable... I run at both and theres not a lot in it...

If anything York has a better start line.

Burgandy 174 sport t

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 16 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by eves on 16 December 2004

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">yeah and how bout standard 172s!!?!?
At crail I really think it depends on the weather up there by what time you get coz its bloody windy up there, I only been up the strip one day (loadsa runs) and I beat a few cups and a mk1 (dubster) but also got beat by a few and the best time I was getting on the day like all the other cups 172s was 15.5! with decat and exhaust, but KDF I still had my seats and passenger etc

My mates 2.0 16v turbo corsa could only run 14.1 on that day and it has 280bhp

My mk2 172 with just a zorst runs 14.8s

BMW 320d Sport

I used to always run better times at York, around 0.2 seconds which I put down to the better launch surface for road tyres. This is a factor which, for all those doubters, York actually mention themselves in their literature. And at Santa Pod, Im sure youre always driving against the wind as well.

Lately Ive been doing better times at the Pod though. Most people, even if they are York fans like I am, would probably agree that if you want to set an undisputable time you need to do it at Santa Pod. Valvers will do low 16s or a slight chance of high 15s.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Little Newms vrs CUPCAKE this summer! Battle of the unreliable Cups

:oops:

If we make it to the line that is....;)

Engles Mummy

Yea will be good fun doing a 1/4, anyone one know the times for a 1.2 16v 02? or are they still counting?

Cheers, Adam

will run mine sometime next year i think... staying away from you tho Craig! been blasted by that thing when it didnt even have the cams and afterwards just for good measure :( lol