ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When 2 becomes 1, kangoo build incoming

Fodda172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
Evening all, I’ve been on here 4 a while & was running a BG 172. Had it for 6 years but it’s proper rotten & I’ve not got the time nor money to fix it! So my next plan is to do a kangoo build! Say next plan I’m well into it already. Engine & running gear is out the Clio ready 2 b striped & cleaned. Will upload pics when I figure out how 2 do it 🤣

Fodda172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
4768B0B2-03DA-46F2-B69E-656AB360BBC2.jpeg

Fodda172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
Hi all, bit of an update!
So, 2 weeks ago I removed the rear beam off the van because it was picked up on the last MOT that the rear bearing on the driver’s side was shot. I tried nipping the nut up but it still had play in it, he also said the rear bushes in the arms were split as well! Nice1 cheers 4 that 🤣.
Having got the beam on the floor I set about trying to get the torsion bars out, I already new after reading a few posts on here that it was a pig of a job! & boy you wasn’t wrong!! It took a good few hours with a sledgehammer & a peace of 30mm solid bar ground down with a point on the end to fit into the hole in the bar, after smacking the crap out of it it started to move!. It peed me off that much I nearly spat my dummy out & smashed it up! 🤣
Fast forward today, I set about stripping the hubs off to find the bearing was fxxked along with the brake shoes & wheel cylinder. Quick look online to find the price for the bits need. How much! Lol sod spending on bits when I'm braking a Clio to do the conversion. Let’s see how hard it is to convert to rear disc. After a dry run it seems to b doable!? The only problem I’ve found is the thread pitch in the beam that holds the original bk plate on are a fine thread, can anyone point me in the right direction on some countersunk bolts that will fit? Also what handbrake cable can I use for rear discs? I’ll upload some pictures next.
Long winded post I no 🤣 there not all gunna b like this! Thanks 4 reading 👍🏻

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
M8 x1mm is the pitch. Can usually find a countersunk screw with that pitch online. I’ve just sold the last of the ones I had. 👍🏻