ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 rt engine modifications, induction, exhaust, manifold, remap

Clio 1.4 RT
hi everyone,

i was going to put a new engine in my 1.4 rt but after working out the costs, i rele cant afford it. so i wana get the best outta my 1.4 as possible. i have a k&n but want to upgrade to ram air? or a closed filter like a bmc box? wats best for least heat soak? i also want to get a 4 branch manifold, where can i get it, and how much? and a full decat exhaust sytem, anyone know the cheapest exhaust supplier? and if i get all this work done, i want it remapped or chipped, but i dnt know if you can chip 1.4's?

can anyone advise me on all these bits or have done the mods themselves?

or if any of you know different modifications that would work better, please let me know!

cheers
charlie:)

320d
realistically it would be easyer to sell up and buy a valver, im presuming your young and if you declare all that the insurance will be more than a valver and the mods would cost more than the upgrade to a valver, oh and the results would be much less

Clio 1.6L 16V
Well dude there are a lot of things that you can do to a 1.4 16V. I can tell you a few of them. You can use a air induction kit of K&N, you can use a full catback, I think that k-tech reacing sells somo manifold exhaust. You can stroke your engine I mean using the crankshaft, hot and pistons of the 1.6 16v so your car would be 1.6 if you do this you can also buy high compression pistons and with 80.5mm of bore so your car would be 1650cc instead of 1599cc. If you don't want to change the pistons you can also skim de head of your engine to obtain more compression. You can also put high performance camshafts I heard that catcams are very good. You can also put the throtlle body of the laguna engine 2.0 16V is 65mm instead of 55mm. Or you can put ITB's. And them a remap hahaha. My english is not good I hope that you can understand all that I'm saying, cheers.

Titanium 182
Well dude there are a lot of things that you can do to a 1.4 16V. I can tell you a few of them. You can use a air induction kit of K&N, you can use a full catback, I think that k-tech reacing sells somo manifold exhaust. You can stroke your engine I mean using the crankshaft, hot and pistons of the 1.6 16v so your car would be 1.6 if you do this you can also buy high compression pistons and with 80.5mm of bore so your car would be 1650cc instead of 1599cc. If you don't want to change the pistons you can also skim de head of your engine to obtain more compression. You can also put high performance camshafts I heard that catcams are very good. You can also put the throtlle body of the laguna engine 2.0 16V is 65mm instead of 55mm. Or you can put ITB's. And them a remap hahaha. My english is not good I hope that you can understand all that I'm saying, cheers.

never knew some of that ! thanks for the knowledge :)

Clio 1.4 RT
realistically it would be easyer to sell up and buy a valver, im presuming your young and if you declare all that the insurance will be more than a valver and the mods would cost more than the upgrade to a valver, oh and the results would be much less

i cant sell up coz i gotta get a new steering rack because of some play, a new bonnet, because of sum nob in sainsburys car park and a new rear bumper due to my mate being too cocky lol. so thats guna set me back 400 odd quid. and even then the cars probably only worth 600 anyway. what i mite jus do is filter, decat, decent shocks n springs n sum new brakes, jus to make it a bit more fun. thats all i can afford now! would i see a difference with a good filter and decat?
cheers for the help:)

Clio 1.4 RT

i think i forgot to mention im on a strict budget! plus im not mechanically experianced enough to modify the engine in that way. and i havnt got a 16v, i have a mk1 clio which is an 8v. but thanks very much for the help mate, and your english is very good! if you have any other ideas i would be very grateful to hear them!
cheers:)

A SHED!
Panel filter and decat....and service the car! might be losing a few bhp through plugs, leads etc. Oh and think about weight reduction....nice and cheap! ;)

ITB'd MK1

i cant sell up coz i gotta get a new steering rack because of some play, a new bonnet, because of sum nob in sainsburys car park and a new rear bumper due to my mate being too c**ky lol. so thats guna set me back 400 odd quid. and even then the cars probably only worth 600 anyway. what i mite jus do is filter, decat, decent shocks n springs n sum new brakes, jus to make it a bit more fun. thats all i can afford now! would i see a difference with a good filter and decat?
cheers for the help:)

honest opinion, break it for parts and get another one. Like you say, it'll cost nearly as much as it's worth just to fix the faults

Fiesta, Asta, Clio
panel filter, decat, catback, performance ht leads and plugs, good oil, spring/shock lowered and brakes disks and pads. your done

Clio 1.6L 16V

i think i forgot to mention im on a strict budget! plus im not mechanically experianced enough to modify the engine in that way. and i havnt got a 16v, i have a mk1 clio which is an 8v. but thanks very much for the help mate, and your english is very good! if you have any other ideas i would be very grateful to hear them!
cheers:)

Hahahaha sorry about that I thought that was a 16V :boring: . I don't have experience with 8V sorry my friend, good luck.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Get aK7M-block and the throttle housing of the old VW golf 1.8l/2.0 mono-pointers and the rest of your 1.4l. Should be O.K. for 90hp.

Clio 1.4 RT
thanks for all your advice guys. i think im going to get a decat pipe for my standard exhaust, plugs, leads and oil. the fronts already lowered, jus gotta do the torsion bar but keep puttin it off coz i know its guna b a c*nt! and then new discs n pads. what is the best filter then? i have a k&n with a cold air feed at the moment. i was think of a pipercross induction kit and get a heat shield, or is closed induction better? or shall i put the old airbox in n get a panel filter?
cheers
charlie