ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 Tuning

Due to my latest downfall thanks to "tea leaves", i have decided to stick with my old 1.4RT engine, its only done 60k and on a J Plate, looked after regularly so the engine is good and strong still...

Basically, are there engine modifications worth while that i can put on the 1.4 to give her extra poke, at the mo its standard...i know the obvious mods ie. pipercross viper, full stainless and maybe a superchip ?...what else can can i do ? can i for example use willy or valver parts on the engine ?

I dont really want to strip out the back seats as it is a 4dr and for practical reasons id like to keep them...

Thanks All!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Uprate the brakes 16v front set up just bolts straight on. Then decat and gut the airbox fit a panel filter and a decant air feed to it.

Induction kit will lose you bhp on this engine. Could then go for a backbox. Some 15" wheels with 195/45 pro tyres and a decant suspension set up.

If you wanted to push the boat out then maybe a hillpower chip (£150) would round it all off nicely.

Wouldnt bother spending much more on it just drive and enjoy it mate.

cheers steve, ill be transfering the 1.4 to my chamade now and selling that on, as the car has turned back up fine, but with the mods you have mentioned (and if anyone can see any that have been missed) the 1.4 Energy engine should run just fine...

Extremely grateful for the info here guys !