ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 does 60 in 7.2seconds?

Renault Mégane 1.6e Hatch
hello, I'm another one from the coupe-club, yippee! I think some of you are quite jealous of Dean's car, he has put a lot of time and effort into it and I personally would love to own his car now! For everyone who ranted on at him and clearly didn't read his posts properly, well you guys just suck. And for those who actually appreciated his information, thanks for reading and understanding his posts properly, if only everyone could be so reasonable. Anyway, rant over. Another welcome from the Coupe-Club :)

Hi travis, we still havent seen any proof of deans claims, its pointless coming on any website like this without proof of your claims

BMW Z4 3.0i
My last car was a 1.6 16v 52-reg Megane which I had from new. Only mods I did to increase performance were a twin cone Green induction kit and a Powerflow custom s/s exhaust from the cat back. My car also hit 60 in second gear without a remap. The improvements to air flow definitely helped the engine keep going at higher revs. I thought it was ok for speed.

I now have an 03 Clio 172. There is no comparison of the speeds of the two cars. My clio would absolutely destroy my old megane. The speed of the clio when you keep the revs 4500+ is on a different scale to that of the megane.

I can believe the clio driver made a hash and didn't paste the megane. But put the same driver in each car on the same line or track and you get a huge difference.

I think the 172 is actually lighter than the megane. I thought the megane was around 1080kgs. The clio is about 1030kgs isn't it? Clio turns mouch more sharply than megane too. Point and squirt was the thing that first came to mind when I got it :)