ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 Dynamique Mods

306 GTI-6
I originally posted pics of my car a while ago when i first bought it.
Since then I have carried out some subtle mods which have made a nice difference without changing the original car too drastically.

Just home from the garage after collecting the car:
IMAG0019Small.gif

IMAG0018Small.gif

RS Grill fitted, nice easy job only took about 10 minutes

DSC00562Small.gif

Silvervisions front and rear:

DSC00573Small.gif

DSC00572Small.gif

Sill Plates from DemonGraphics.com. Still not sure about these:

DSC00563Small.gif

Then today, had my Eibach Pro suspension fitted. Didnt have time to take any decent "before" pics but definately is nicely lower. I am going to put my 172 alloys in the car for a couple of days to help it settle some more.

Before:

DSC00565Small-1.gif

After:

DSC00566Small.gif

DSC00569Small.gif

DSC00570Small.gif

So, hope you all like. Still got my 172 alloys to put on over the next week or so. Planning on coulour coding as well.

looks good,will settle more,mine sure has,if your planning on fitting a new filter,viper performance are in the process of making a batch of 90 degree elbows to fit :)

my rear
DSCF0293.gif

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
Looks really good. Where did you get the RS Grill from? I am still looking for one of these.

306 GTI-6
Thanks for all the positive comments guys.:)

Looks good Geordie. Loving those sill plates.

You got yourself a set yet?

Havent been for a proper drive yet in the car since the suspension was fitted, but the ride feels both more planted as well as more comfortable if that makes sense.

306 GTI-6
Well, the weather was nice today so I fitted my new plates from Pl8s4U.com.

Simple job! (Only took 2 HOURS to get completely rid of the dozen or so sticky pads that held the previous plates on!)

The plates
DSC00555Small.gif

DSC00560Small.gif

On the car:

DSC00574Small.gif

DSC00575Small.gif

306 GTI-6
got the same colour car as you and just picked it up from being colour coded looks mint ill get some pics up to show you

Nice one mate, because I have been really torn about whether to get it coded or not. Being able to see one done in this colour will be a big help with my decision.

306 GTI-6
Well, this was gonna be a just fitted my 172 alloys reply, and it sort of is.

However, when putting them on, one of my FK spacers sheared at the chamfer between the main body and lip for the bore of the wheel to slide onto.

So needless to say, the dynamique alloys are still on, and the 172s won't be getting fitted. I shall get some proper offset alloys to avoid any hassles. The offset of the wheels is 43 according to the inside of the rim.

BMW E92/Audi S3
i went to get a renault sport grille the other day and they said it wouldnt fit my car.. theyre a bunch of foolish c**ts sometimes..

306 GTI-6
i went to get a renault sport grille the other day and they said it wouldnt fit my car.. theyre a bunch of foolish c**ts sometimes..

They said that to me as well, they really dont know much about their own cars. Would be nice to see their faces when it goes in for service in september, however, their product knowledge is so low they wouldnt even realise it wasnt standard.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Thanks for all the positive comments guys.:)

Looks good Geordie. Loving those sill plates.

You got yourself a set yet?

Havent been for a proper drive yet in the car since the suspension was fitted, but the ride feels both more planted as well as more comfortable if that makes sense.

I have just this minute ordered a set. Looking forward to their arrival. Thanks for the details. :)

306 GTI-6
And today have finally fitted my resprayed dash inserts, done them a nice gloss black.

excuse the pic quality, was taken on my phone, will post better pic when i get hold of mates digi camera.

DSC00150.gif

306 GTI-6
Here is my resprayed dash insert, it was bloody freezing so couldn't stop shaking, hence the pic isnt the greatest, but you get the idea.

DSC00591Small.gif

Just fitted my new Alpine Head unit. Sound quality is much better than the JVC it replaced, also blends in much better with the dash. Will get a pic one night so you can better appreciate the orange glow and the way it matches the interior.

DSC00664Small.gif

And, here are my new wheels fitted

DSC00661Small.gif

Looks a little higher, but the wheels fill the arches so much better, sitting further out to the edge of the car. This pic was taken straight after coming down off the jack, so the suspension is still settling a little.

306 GTI-6
Just been for a drive in it. Amazingly, and something I wasn't expecting, the road noise is a lot less. Can have my stereo on 4 levels lower on the volume whilst driving at 60!

I didnt know eibachs provided extra sound proofing.... lol. I am sure there was nothing in it when I had mine fitted.

306 GTI-6
Think its more to do with the wheels. The standard renault alloys must amplify the sound a bit more due to the boxier section of the spokes? Different make of tyres as well I suppose probably make a difference.

Integra Type-R DC2
Needs to be lower, but im bias :approve:

Nice though, like the dash inserts. You do them yourself?

306 GTI-6
Needs to be lower, but im bias :approve:

Nice though, like the dash inserts. You do them yourself?

That's as low as I am going to be honest. Looking for subtlety with the mods. Yeah, did the dash inserts myself.

Sanded down, primered (couple of layers) then keyed for 3 layers of the paint, then wet flatted and airbag sticker before a couple of coats of lacquer. Was well pleased with the results.