ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 Dynamique S Test Drive Booked.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Dunc and I went along to Wilsons in Epsom today to get two coils for my Clio. Whilst we were there we decided to have a look around to see what they had. We were not looking around long outside when we were approached by a very nice young Salesman called Andy. I asked about the 1.6 Dynamique S, but he said they hadn't got one in but said he would order me one. I obviously told him I wouldn't buy without a test driive. Whilst I was chatting to him Dunc walked a little further down and low and behold found one.

Anyway, to cut a long story short we have managed to book a test drive for tomorrow. He said he could ask the guys to shuffle the cars about if we were prepared to wait, but we had to get back. So I will hopefully be test drivng one at long last!

I am not going to hold my breath on this as I have my doubts as to whether I am going to like it or not. IF I seriously like it I might well order one, if not I'll wait for the Twingo. ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Compared to my old 1.6 I found it very slow, wobbly and a bit "dead".

This is what I am expecting too to be honest, but even though I have gone off the looks quite abit , I thought I would give it a fair chance now that they have one in. It's not a brand spanking new one, it's done 14k, so the engine should be worn in enough to give it a fair trial.
There's always the thought of the Twingo next year if I don't like the Clio. ;)

RenaultSport 197
Still going for the newer shaped va va voom then Debz? Wasn't quite sure if you still wanted one because of what you read about them etc..

And yea, the twingo turbo.. Should be interesting..
renault_twingo_2_concept_1.jpg

If it looks like that.. Even I would consider it!!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Well Doug, the thing is it's a Clio and before I really give it the 'no go' I should really be fair and test drive it first. I am definitely not expecting much of it though .

As for the Twingo, I am seriously interested in what Renault might do to it. I am hoping they will do the 1.4 Turbo version. When I saw this pic of it, I seriously fell in lust!

Twingo1-1.jpg

It's kind of cute and sexy at the same time. (If that makes sense). It also looks more like a natural progression for the Cio, rather than the actual new Clio. It's still a small hatch and I reckon it will capture many a Clio fanatics heart.

RenaultSport 197
Its deffo interesting car, I think I will test drive one once it comes out on the market just to see what it's like. I can imagine it's going to be a big hit.

But I can see your heart is in the newer shaped Clio, so give it a go and see how you feel Debz and report back! :D (tbh I still think you will say your 1.6 now is better!)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Its deffo interesting car, I think I will test drive one once it comes out on the market just to see what it's like. I can imagine it's going to be a big hit.

But I can see your heart is in the newer shaped Clio, so give it a go and see how you feel Debz and report back! :D (tbh I still think you will say your 1.6 now is better!)

Actually Doug my heart isn't with the newer shaped Clio at all! It was when it first came out but I have gone off the looks quite abit and unless the drive is superb ( which I doubt very much), I will not be buying one.

There is absolutely no way I will get rid of my 1.6 in fravour of the new one, not a cat in hells chance infact! My 1.6 is here to stay and I will not part with it. If I decide I like the Twingo next year, it will be an addition and not a replacement. ;)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Try the 2.0 138 Dynamique S we've got one and its superb. its done 4000 miles now in 2 months since delivery i am driving this more than 182 at the moment, group 9e insurance 35 odd to the gallon. and for long distance cruising 80 mph is 3100 rpm very very quiet and relaxed. if you wind it up it pulls an indicated 135 at 5600rpm in 6th but dont tell the wife lol
s5032335si2.jpg

s5032327ed8.jpg

s5033065re6.jpg

RenaultSport 197
I see what you mean Debz, all you can do is take it out for a spin and see what the goose brings up! Also have you sorted the bearings out on the 1.6 yet?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Try the 2.0 138 Dynamique S we've got one and its superb. its done 4000 miles now in 2 months since delivery i am driving this more than 182 at the moment, group 9e insurance 35 odd to the gallon. and for long distance cruising 80 mph is 3100 rpm very very quiet and relaxed. if you wind it up it pulls an indicated 135 at 5600rpm in 6th but dont tell the wife lol
s5032335si2.jpg

s5032327ed8.jpg

s5033065re6.jpg

We did ask Wilsons if they had a 138 we could test drive, but it seems not only have they not got one but they don't seem to be interested in getting one either. It appears that Wilsons are convinced only the 1.2,(Man) 1.4 (Man) and the 1.6(Auto) Clios will sell.

They only had 5 new Clios in stock ( 2 outside and 3 in the showroom), but they had about 24 or so mk2 ph2's.

I do not expect the 1.6 to be any good at all. I expect it to be rather slow and feel abit like a wobbly old bus! I'll let everyone know what I think of it after the test drive.

Apparently according to the Salesman, the Meggy 225 is selling as fast as they can get them in. There is now quite a waiting list for them. We still have to wait about 6 weeks before they get an R26 in for Dunc to test drive too. :(

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I see what you mean Debz, all you can do is take it out for a spin and see what the goose brings up! Also have you sorted the bearings out on the 1.6 yet?

She's in the garage at the moment having them done. She should be ready at about 4pm. I got two coils to go in once she's come back too. They're the reason we were at Wilsons in the first place. lol