ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 MEGANE >1.4 CLIO TRANSPLANT

IVE JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH NICK FROM HILL POWER, HI TO NICK IF YOU READING THIS.

I WAS TOLD THAT THE 1.6 MEGANE ENGINE WOULD FIT INTO MY CLIO AND I WOULDNT HAVE TO CHANGE MUCH, BECAUSE IT USES THE SAME ENGINE MOUNTS AND EXHAUST E.T.C, IS THIS TRUE.

RIGHT IF I WAS TO GO AND BUY A SCRAP 1.6 1996-2000 MEGANE AND SWAP THE LUMPS AROUND WOULD THIS WORK WITHOUT MUCH FUSS.

ID ALSO CHANGE THE ECU AND WHAT NOT (DUH)

MANY THANKS JAMIE.
CHEERS NICK.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

yes not a "major" transplant but still wouldnt want to do it myself.
Both units are the "energy" type and all the other bits like gearbox etc go straight on.
Only problem is the 1.6 megan lump is multipoint injection so the wireing loom ecu etc are different.

Skoda Fabia vRS

ive seen this conversion so yea its definitely possible

also Nick programs a Lumenition ECU to use with it, which you can hook up to your laptop, Fast n The Furious style

When I went for lowering Nick said his clio 1.6 managed to hold of a willaims till 80mph, so it is pretty nippy.

Chun.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

standard megan 1.6 lump is 90bhp
but nick had the fully programable ecu decat and bigger throttle body.