ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 16v Full Exhaust System...

Valver..
As the title says really..found out today i need a whole new exhaust system.. Soo0o wats the best to go for, i wont a full stainless inc D-cat, im based in Bournemouth so i fort about goin to Janspeed they quoted me £600....happy with that price...Views welcome

Valver..
koool...well ive been lookin about... BB tunning wont £250, K tec wont £250 and K tec is like 15 minutes down the road so petrol wont be that bad..any views on these??

its an omp system made for rally cars, and so its made to order hence why you have to wait but it should be the best you can get and its also rather cheap includes a de-cat and goes from there back.theres a mongoose system on ebay at the moment for £230 with de cat i think.

Valver..
Sounds Stupid...but will group N be ok for road use.. like MOT and stuff?

Which one should i Choose?

Clio 1.8 16V
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
£185.97
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
blank.gif
app_data_description_icon.gif
Description: 50mm pipe ext. dia. 2 elements replaces catalyst
blank.gif
app_data_notes.gif
Important Notes: front manifold eliminating catalyst, central pipe with silencer, rear with silencer
spacer.gif
Clio 1.8 16V
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
£167.01
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
blank.gif
app_data_description_icon.gif
Description: 50mm pipe ext. dia. 2 elements
blank.gif
app_data_notes.gif
Important Notes: complete, central with silencer and rear with silencer
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Valver..
^^^^ heard they aint road legal...and sometimes MOT unfriendly...:(... nipped up K-Tec this aftermoon..they showed me about.. they seem to know wat they are talkin about. and i was happy with wat they showed me..sooo i might end up goin there... £299.. then 5% discount for being a menber of CS :D

Twingo 133
I apparently have a blueflame cat back exhaust, which is striaght through Stainless Steel and a small back box, with the decat its quite loud ;) guess thats due to only having the back box to keep it quiet lol.
Pops and spits flames which is a bonus.
You could be allright running with a decat as yours is a j plate.

Valver..
yeeeeeeee...its a J plate..so0o0o i can keep it on for the MOT...it looks like im goin to go for a K tec one... seemed pretty happy wen i went there today... any1 had one of these on there Valver...if soo wat ya views on em?? :D

Valver..
rrrrrr....ace....sounds really nice... i was goin to go for the K3 tail pipe.. which is the 3" rolled in... and the loud type... and wat do u mean by CUSTOM modding..ha ha :D

Skoda Fabia vRS
sorry to be pedantic but their is a difference between wont and want

£600 is a joke for a full system including decat, ive got a full Scorpion system on mine with a BBPT decat pipe, must have cost around £300 all in i think

Valver..
^^^^^ Bla Bla Bla... didnt realise u were a school teacher..ill remember my grammer for next time....:p .....dont no if u read any of the other posts. but i did say about Janspeed bein rather expensive... and it looks like i goin for a K-Tec system with a K3 tail pipe...so hay..thanks for the reply :D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
clio head said:
rrrrrr....ace....sounds really nice... i was goin to go for the K3 tail pipe.. which is the 3" rolled in... and the loud type... and wat do u mean by CUSTOM modding..ha ha :D

Err my custom modding was very anti social. Removed all silencers from the system along with all the baffles from the back box. 114dB later i was loving the rally sound.

Valver..
loool.... my neighbour moans enough at the mo with stuff...dont wanna piss him off any more.....but if i wanted to do that..is it easy enough to do?