ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

100% complete 172RWD! - updated

Re: 70% complete 172RWD!

you said earlier in the topic

"two engines just dont work.crap idea.
end of"

i dont remember you saying this when you came to look at our mp development car? i dont see any thanks on this topic to us, for giving you hours of advise in personal and on txts etc etc, before you kicked off the project?

You mean the twin engined clio that only had one engine in when we got there?

Steve's intention has been to have one engine in the back from the start.

I'm sure you guys needed advice somewhere along the line.

yeah we did need advise here and there, but we didnt waste peoples time by going looking at peoples cars pretending we wanted work done and just really going around taking pictures!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

You mean the twin engined clio that only had one engine in when we got there?

Steve's intention has been to have one engine in the back from the start.

I'm sure you guys needed advice somewhere along the line.

yeah we did need advise here and there, but we didnt waste peoples time by going looking at peoples cars pretending we wanted work done and just really going around taking pictures!

when we first came to see you steve was interested in you guys doing the work but then he thought if you idiots could do it in a barn with no tools then so could he. and to be honest the clio you have developed looked better in the photos and was a real dissapointment.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

when we first came to see you steve was interested in you guys doing the work but then he thought if you idiots could do it in a barn with no tools then so could he. and to be honest the clio you have developed looked better in the photos and was a real dissapointment.

lol.

any pics?

I have lots of photos!

Also wasn't the quote something like £3.5k just for the fabrication?

Anyway now thats straight lets keep the thread on track

QUOTE:

I have lots of photos!

Also wasn't the quote something like £3.5k just for the fabrication?

Anyway now thats straight lets keep the thread on track

we are no idiots,theres no need for remarks like that on a public board!

firstly, when steve's car has had 4 magazine features, across uk, france and germany, you'll be able to comment on the build quality!
secondly, the quote wasnt just for base fabrication, there was lots more, cage, gear linkages, paint, wiring etc etc, so again you'd better get your facts right before you go firing false remarks!

renault 5 gt, clio 16v

im the other co owner of the MP Development car. theres no need for name calling on these boards a pm to either me or ian would have been better. at the end of the day you had to look at our car before u could start steves project. i dont remember u saying the quality was poor when u came to look at the build.

Da

Less

Lets keep this on topic please so it doesn't have to get removed! ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner

You're awfully full of yourself aren't you.

Dan

1.2 Clio

Lads, just chill out...... Don't worry.... everyone just worry about themselves not everyone else.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd

sorry for my friends comments ian/ryan.mp developements a co.

i respect what you have done to yours and im sorry i never went ahead with you doing the work.the only reason i started then attempted to do the work my self is because i could not aford it at the time.
and you were a fare way from where i live lol.
your car is very good and im pleased i had lots of advise in doing my conversion.
once again im sorry for the name calling.
and my i ask for your mob number as i have lost it since then lol.
i may fone you for some more advice soon lol he he

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

I know ian and ryan and there deffinatly not idiots ! theyve worked on my car a few times,they're not just some diy'ers there both qualified technicians,and to say 3.5k is expensive when you look at the man hours that go into a project like that there hardly going to make a killing are they

im the other co owner of the MP Development car. theres no need for name calling on these boards a pm to either me or ian would have been better. at the end of the day you had to look at our car before u could start steves project. i dont remember u saying the quality was poor when u came to look at the build.

Your original post could have been sent by PM in the beginning! You guys are the ones who made it public

The fact is steve is managing fine on his own and i'm sure at some point in the write ups he will mention that you guys helped, there was no need to demand it!

Yes we came to look at your car and that was the clever thing to do if you ask me. Anyone would be silly to start a build like this with no preparation/research. Steves design is still totally different.

Steve - You've worked bloody hard to get this far so don't let anyone else take the credit for it!

As with any forum people will always disagree, thats what makes it a place of discussion.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd

okay people thats enough lol.

anyway.
back on subject lol
sould have more pics this weekend as im fitting tie rod ends,discs,calipers etc!
at last iv got them ordered.

Are you building in any adjustability for the suspension incase it turns out it handles like a cow the first time you drive it? :)

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd

Are you building in any adjustability for the suspension incase it turns out it handles like a cow the first time you drive it? :)
im using coilovers for ride hight,iv also got camber correcting bolts,and im thinking of moding the top turret so its adjustable for camber and castor?

Track valver + Ibiza FR

I did see a twin engined clio somewhere was it painted matt black?

not normal developments owns a clio with a twin turbo tt engine in it which is painted matt black. That what your thinking of?

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5

Looking really good.

With those pics though it appears that how you have fixed the hubs form turning will actually cause the toe angle to change with suspension movement.

Now I have no idea if it would effect handling - I can just see the movement going from say toe in to toe out under compression as that link gets shorter?

Exige S1 + Honda S1

is the track rod end bolt bent?

good effort so far, have you had it down on the ground with wheels yet?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd

Looking really good.

With those pics though it appears that how you have fixed the hubs form turning will actually cause the toe angle to change with suspension movement.

Now I have no idea if it would effect handling - I can just see the movement going from say toe in to toe out under compression as that link gets shorter?

uh they r not fixed yet just placed there lol.
its going to be fixed in a way that it moves as the front would move up and down but not left and right lol:)
i hope