ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

100% standard cars

Mines standard bar a set of clear repeaters and some RS mats, I ve got a set of ph2 clusters to go on but haven't got round to fitting them yet, I quite like it out the box tbh.

White clique
i've always kept my Clio's bog standard, you can end up spending hundreds / thousands improving the performance, but for the type of driving i do (traffic jams) there just no point, plus they tend to be easier to sell standard.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I've grown out of modding now tbh, no point spending thousands extracting another 20bhp bhp out of clio. I'd rather just buy a quicker car.

I think my old cup had the perfect day to day spec, standard suspension, ktec exhaust & DS2500's. Brilliant car, cheap mods. Next stage would have been coilovers at £800. Pointless. At that point it was time to move on, would have been an e36 M3 for less/similar cash, but redundancy said otherwise :dapprove:

Clio 172 RS2
So a Ktec exhaust sticking out ain't modding it's just looks on a 172.

Lowering it with Eibach springs is also just for looks?

WTF***

6/468 17poo
I think if your going to modify it, you have to do it properly, depends what you want to be honest do you buy a car to improve on it, when hundreds of thousands of ££ have been spent on development to get it 100% correct for road driving?track cars are a completly different matter tho!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've never modified my 182/197 at all. bar a ring sticker on the 182!!!

Ph1
So a Ktec exhaust sticking out ain't modding it's just looks on a 172.

Lowering it with Eibach springs is also just for looks?

WTF***

Im talking about bodykits and stuck on tat.

On those 2 points however. ''Eibach'' and ''lower'' dosent usually appear in the same sentance and bolting a SS exhaust on isnt going to set the heather on fire. Think more on the lines of noise

320d
I haven't modded my 1.2 becuase i'm saving up for a new car and also I didn't want to put money into a car I didn't realy want.

However, I will lightly modify my new car but I want it to be subtle because some of the best cars on the forum are modded but without shouting about it: Perfect example is Christophers RB 182 because it is mint apart from the bonnet ;) and the mods are subtle but extremely effective. Same goes for other cars on here like AR's old Vee the list is endless.

clio 182 sport
my 182 sport is original love it had it 3 half years from new something beutiful and special about standard cars.

Vw caddy tdi
197gaz u r my hero in this thread I couldnt have said it any better! my fav 172cup pics above mint, also imo 197 looks tidy.

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Bought my willy modified and it became such a better car the more standard it went!

Keeping the 172 as it is apart from adding a few extra horses under the bonnet :)

Renault Clio 182FF + Cup
100% standard is great. My only issue at the moment is brakes, but new std item would probably improve that area.

172 Cup
My only real mod on my Cup is changing the Cup seats for FF ones. Only did that eventually as I struggled to find a mint Cup interior and my existing one was really shabby. Also changed to clear side repeaters and silvertec bulbs.

BMW F21 125d
My 182 is standard, except for brakes (Uprated Lines/Fluid/Brembo Discs/EBC Greens). When (not if) the exhaust corrodes I will replace it with a SS System, but nothing too loud, as as has been said on this thread, the drone on a long journey can be painful. Owned a modified car, loved it, but grown out of them days now.

BG182®
After seeing at the weekend that a lot of cars still made under book figures with mod's it really makes you think is it all worth it on a N/A car.

BG182®
^^^^^^^^^

Not when it makes 140bhp does it ;) lol

Lol deffo not. Fitted the standard airbox on this morning. hav'nt taken it for a drive yet but I'm sure I will feel a difference with the 26bhp that sodded off with the simota. I dont think I've ever known any induction kit that takes away 26 bhp before lol

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Mine is pretty much standard atm, cive ariel and ITG filter. Love it :)

I'll take you up on that offer Tom, if you want a drive!

RB 182 cup
How did u know that your air filter took away bhp lol. could u just feel it? Ive never really had a modified car. I dont really believe in aesthetic mods as nice cars are designed to be nice standard. Ive got a couple of simple mods, yozzasport cat-back exhaust and it came with a pipercross air filter. Not going to do anything else to it apart from maybe recaros thats it.

BG182®
How did u know that your air filter took away bhp lol. could u just feel it? Ive never really had a modified car. I dont really believe in aesthetic mods as nice cars are designed to be nice standard. Ive got a couple of simple mods, yozzasport cat-back exhaust and it came with a pipercross air filter. Not going to do anything else to it apart from maybe recaros thats it.

Because when they ran the car with it off it made and extra 26 bhp. I put back the standard box this morning and it has made a difference all ready. When I fitted the Simota the sound must make you think it's faster but from this experience I will not be wasting money on an IK again. Before I do anything now I will make sure that I fully research whan I'm getting into lol

All my car has is Eibach sportlines and matched inlets. And turini's.

Other than that my car is as intended, although i am repalcing the cat with a sport cat at the end of the week.

Other than that, im not into heavy modding.

Prefer the OEM (with sublte changes) look.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Standard cars are boring imo (unless it's something like a 911 Turbo!).

Appreciate that people don't see the point in wasting money on tuning when it gives little gain. Agreed, no point in throwing money at NA cars although it can be worth it just for the sound/look (ie better exhaust).

Some cars are definately worth throwing a bit of money at though (namely turbos), Evo 8 MR + £1000 gets you 450bhp. BMW 330d + £1000 gets you pushing 300bhp. I'm toying with putting £2500 on my MX5 to get over 200whp and can't see why I wouldn't enjoy it, but I quite like the idea of running rings round people on track and telling them it has 100whp.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
My clio is 100% standard (bar the head unit) and I don't plan on modifying it. By the time you buy all the mods, add them, pay extra for insurance it's too much effort and expense. I prefer bikes to cars anyway.
The 182 is fast enough for me on the road and the only time I wished I had something with more power was on a track day.

RB 182 cup
Because when they ran the car with it off it made and extra 26 bhp. I put back the standard box this morning and it has made a difference all ready. When I fitted the Simota the sound must make you think it's faster but from this experience I will not be wasting money on an IK again. Before I do anything now I will make sure that I fully research whan I'm getting into lol

haha oh crap....i think i better start thinking about putting my standard air filter back on then.

53 Clio's & counting
I kinda agree, my Clio is a long term car for me, so what i look at is not throwing money at pointless mods, but improving things as they wear out, make the car better to drive and make it indevidual (sp) as thats what moddings all about really :)

example iv fitted Prolines on mine, but instead of uprating the shocks iv fitted new standard Renaultsport ones from Renault, and it gives a brilliant compremise between better handling and still retaining comfort. It corners faster, feels much better and is only a tiny bit of a harder ride, it doesn't look far odd standard and still has no problem with speed bumps.

Same with my wheels, iv kept the standatrd f1's but sprayed them a slightly darker colour, which i think looks really nice

the next things im looking at is a remap( as when mine was on the rollers my RR guy said i will get better driveablilty with a remap due to my std map not being too great) and matched inlets and a panel filter with relocated feeds, not to get a load more power but simply to improve the driving experience, the same way il never upgrade to 4pots when the uprated discs pads and hoses i have now stop the car on a 6pence, yes it would stop faster with them, but the cost is too much.

thats my point on modding, to improve the overall experience for my benefit, no one elses

BG182®
haha oh crap....i think i better start thinking about putting my standard air filter back on then.

If you have an open cone filter in your engine bay mate change it strit away. It's ben the best thing I've done and it feels ike a 182 should now.

LOL, anyone heard the news today about the clamp down on new drivers driving highly modified cars?

Nothing to do with me, honest! :eek:

Static Low
I kind of regret spending the money on my 1.2, but on a personal basis i think its been worth it. Its all a bit of fun really and ive had nothing else to spend my money on. Looked gash as standard IMO & looks just how i wanted it too now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
TBH i love my combat kit.
Psg streetfighter kit owns!

mondeo_streetfighter_3.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
Remaps are cool, stuff like putting csl rims on an m3 are acceptable imo but i wouldn't go crazy with it...

ZX6R B1H
I personally cant stop myself modifying my cars, I've been tinkering, stripping, removing and replacing engines from one thing into another etc for years well since being 16. Now 26 its all I know. Sure everbody needs to grow up at some point but i like to have my toy something to keep me busy when i get bored. I have calmed down a fair bit in honesty as i used to have at least 4/5 cars on the go at once. Now im down to two at the moment.

Standard cars alongside modified i say is the best way. You can have your boring daily driver and then a nice little toy for the weekend/evening etc.

Megane Mk4
Must admit, looking back I made some poor taste modification-wise to a few cars I've owned before. Most recent though is standard. Besides Silvervisions that it has now, it's staying that way.

mk3_14-16v_dynamique.jpg