ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

14" alloys on a 172 cup

Impreza ra & S14a
Hello all, does any one know if 14 inch 7.5j alloys will fit on a 172 cup? Also what are the pros / cons of fitting smaller wheels, doesn't it change the gearing of the car, I was thinking of using them for track use with 888 s on.

Cheers al

HBT 172 Cup
I had both 15" and 16" wheels on my cup (195/50/15 and 195/45/16 tyres).

People always say the 15" is better, more nimble, quicker e.t.c But i found the drive on 16" wheels better, more stable and better cornering.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
DON'T do it ! Will look ridiculous if they fit !
15's look to small never mind 14s Flol

Impreza ra & S14a
Thanks for the info! I think I'll start looking for some 15"s small I know but I think the pros out wiegh the cons for track use. Nice one!!

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
I had both 15" and 16" wheels on my cup (195/50/15 and 195/45/16 tyres).

People always say the 15" is better, more nimble, quicker e.t.c But i found the drive on 16" wheels better, more stable and better cornering.

was that on the same brand of tyre same suspension setup? both being 195 would mean same amount of contact patch on the road. 16s would handel better due to smaller sidewall movement.

as between the size its only 1.02% difference in rolling radius so would be 1mph faster at 70mph on 16s no no real change in gearing.