ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15 wheels on a cup any good

MKIII 138

ok so the 172 and 182 run 16" wheels is this for a reason ? i mean i can get some team dynamic Prorace 1s in 15 x 7 so they are as wide but 1 inch small diameter will this lose outright grip or would it improve handling on a cup ? i would obviously complement with H&R coilovers for a really low look.

thing is they weigh only 6kg each :eek: and you can get them in white

http://www.v8sho.com/images/rims/prorace1-white.jpg

would look good on a cup imo...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/meggerman/1094322687__cupwithwhitewheels006.jpg

although these are 16s i think and not prorace 1s.

any thoughts ?

MKIII 138

so i can imagine il have a saxo low look on 15s when slammed (god that was a very chav sentance but you get the point).

i just remember everycar i have driven with large wheels seems to turn slower and accelarate slower they have grip to a point but seem not to tell you when its gone is this right or am i imagining things ? of course a 16" wheel will look better but im not getting a cup for boyracer 18" wheel looks i just want it squat and with really crisp turn in with plenty of feel.

i suppose at 7" wide there will be just as much wet grip ?

ive always thought the clio looks less like a cheap korean 4x4 when it has smaller wheels on.

[Edited by meggerman on 27 August 2005 at 12:19am]

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..Yoz runs 15s i think, dont know what size tyres tho. Omar has also tried 15s :oops:

Ph1 172

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 27 August 2005

What it like with them?
going from 17s to 15s you notice a massive difference in the handling, the car jus feels so much more together.

nathan

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Nathan H on 28 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 27 August 2005

What it like with them?
going from 17s to 15s you notice a massive difference in the handling, the car jus feels so much more together.

nathan

cool, but whats the difference between 16" and 15" do i lose grip ? or do i have a crisper turn in at the expense of small wheel syndrome i.e 17s look bling, 16s are normal to very good but 15s look like a go kart.

Ph1 172

the 15s give you much more feedback through the corners i feel, and the car just feels a lot more together when you turn in to a bend, if that makes sense lol.

hope fully gettin some h&rs in a couple of months so above pic mite become reality. At the mo it is on standard shocks with apex -40mm springs.

nathan

MKIII 138

cheers mate.

i suspect the unsprung weight of 6-7kg 15" wheels will improve accelaration.

personally i love the car low like that it will look the nuts m8 when you get H&R on.