ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v eating clutches

What would cause clutches to break in a 16v clio, put 3 different clutches in from 3 different manufactures and all have been removed after between 300 - 500 miles, the car has not been driving harshly but everytime the outer faces of the clutch are no longer attached to the middle so the inner bit which takes the gearbox spline is one piece and the faces the other, the last clutch was a bb tuning uprated one.

Would when fitting the presure plates on each one, would not using a torque a wrench just a rachet cause this?

Gearbox problem?

Clutch cable (done 10,000 miles) problem?

Bumder With A Buffer

I have a similar sorta prob with my valver, when i put the revs up and try to pull off quick, it just seems to rev to f**k and dont accelrate quick. if when im going along and drop the clutch the same thing happens. almost as if clutch is slipping but not sure. clutch seems quiet stiff too. Know this aint much help to you but could be a related prob?????

clio 20v

richy id say ur clutch was toast mate

clio16vboy have u checked ur flywheel my mates cav was eating clutches and this was down to a warped flywheel it wasnt obvious by driving it either

get a local machine shop to give it a skim

adi

my dad is a engineer checked it wasnt even 1 1000th of an inch out think it is cos when i fitted the clutch didnt torque the screws and didnt tighten them in a diagonal routeen