ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16v_paddy's ex-mint valver

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Well here's the pics from the unfortunate events of 5th Nov 08 :cry:
She started like this when I got her
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/16v_paddy/Valvaside.jpg

Then she was like this :violin:
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/16v_paddy/IMG_1965.jpg

And now the aftermath :cry: :cry: :cry:
IMG_2174.gif

IMG_2175.gif

IMG_2176.gif

IMG_2177.gif

IMG_2178.gif

IMG_2179.gif

IMG_2180.gif

IMG_2181.gif

IMG_2182.gif

IMG_2183.gif

IMG_2184.gif

IMG_2185.gif

IMG_2186.gif

IMG_2187.gif

IMG_2188.gif

IMG_2189.gif

Image000.gif

Image001.gif

Image002.gif

Image003.gif

Image007.gif

Image008.gif

Image009.gif

Image010.gif

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
shame that mate was a nice car . least you not badly hurt u goin for some whipcash then ??

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i read your thread local ish to me! its a wonder i never heard anything on the radio!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
From the original thread:
Well I have the overwhelming urge to cry my F***IN eyes out
my valver is in a bit of a bad state

I was going to see d_diddy to sort some parts out after I finished work. Coming off the A52 to get onto the M1 @ j25, going down the slip road and slowing down for the lights I heard an almighty crash & some scraping, then got hit by something - a wheel, hub, part of a rear axle & suspension
- smashed my rear qtr window and hit me on the back of the head & then in front of me I see a corsa flying & rolling through the air, over the top of me, followed by a lamp post all landing in front of me

The lad drivin the corsa, said he hit the kerb at 70 & it flipped him all over the place, how the f**k he got out that car I do not know ( I'll post pics later)

My lovely valver is fooked
I've got no doubt it will be written off, the roof is creased, B pillar & door are bent in several places, the rear qtr window frame is deformed.

The adrenalin has worn off now & I think a trip to hospital is in order as my head, neck, shoulder & back are pretty painful right now

No doubt its a write off the structure itself is beyond repair imho, it's bent & doesn't drive straight :(

Don't worry I'll take the clown to the cleaners ;)

I sort of feel sorry for the guy I've been on the giving and recieving ends of car crashes so I know how it works, we all learn from our mistakes some do any way :rolleyes:

I didn't go to punch fcuk out of the kid as I seriously thought he was dead and since I deal with horrible sh*t @ work a bit of professionalism as well as shock takes over and you just get on with what needs to be done.....just going to be a busy day on the phone tomorrow :rolleyes:

I will put pics up, just cba right now and havin a few beers with my m8s
I'll probably be drivin a celica gt4 for a bit while I decide how best to go about buyin another Mk1:evil:

they closed the slip road for a bit but it didn't take them long to clear it up & I drove home

Head, neck & back hurt like hell so goin to the doctor tomorrow

Last edited:
  White clique
bloody nasty, and shame about the Clio. That is the worst case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time that i have heard of in a while!

Glad your all OK, but even so, what a pisser.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell looks like all came of lightly.

It's amazing what you can just walk out of these days - I am a testimate to that.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Is it a proper write off then??

Got to be really, the B-pillar is twisted like a mutha fcuker - doubt you can repair or replace them :S would need a new door and a complete rear quarter panel, then painting. Would cost well over £1k for that to be done and it's only insured for £2k

is that riz's old V6?

Yes it is Fred, took those pics the day before, he was dropping it off to get sprayed by the guy who done my valver

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I've got an engineer coming to inspect it on monday, anyone had experience with this, anything I need to know or advice to give when dealing with the guy?

mk1 clio hybrid
glad the best car of the two is getting fixed :) clio's dont die that easily lol glad ur ok i no what u you mean when the adrenalin kicks in its wierd..i got my bro out of my car when i rolled it and didnt feel the pain till a couple of hours after the crash.