ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 0-62 Gtech vid

Quote: Originally posted by Jayc on 26 June 2003

I purchased it along time ago. Very easy to setup, plugs into your cigarette lighter power source and you need to calibrate it.

Its measure acceration differently to the AP22, uses G-Forces instead.

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.gtechpro.com/http://www.gtechpro.com/
AFAIK, the AP22 and the G-Tech both use accelerometers (measuing G-Force). Id like one of those GPS data loggers, but theyre several hundred quid :-(

Golf GTI Ed30

Very impressive mate. Ive had a go with one of these, theyre very clever. But I was a bit sceptical about them on how acurate they are to be honest. If you look on your vid again, youll notice that it stops the time just before your speedo hits 100kmh. And speedos are normally out.

imo those g-tech things are absolute rubbish, better off spending 90 quid on a stop watch and buying beer with the change,

mate bought one and its complete rubbish i believe he is selling it if anyone wants it

the racelogic VBOX which autocar use is simply the b****cks, if you can afford it and you want to know what your car can do once and for all is to buy one of these, interesting thing is, it shows up acceleration as alot slower than these accelrometers

vtec abuser, yes you are right with the in accuracys as we found out where my mates 60 is on my roadangel with its gps speedo, and then looked at when the gtec was going off and it was well out, utter pants IMO

Yep, Gtech can be abit off sometimes.. There are so many parameters and measuring G-forces to get a acceralation times isnt 100% perfect..

Jayc,

mate, you have to place the G-tech right in the centre of the car...best on the windscreen. and then test it. then it should be correct enough.

great time though!!

my best is 0-100km/hr 6.75 so far.

For its accuracy, if its 0.5 sec out, its still a bloody good time for a NA FWD car.