ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172, 172 Mk2 & Cup differences

Having had a Mk2 from its release Ive been through all the trauma of modifying a 172 exhaust to fit (all the mounting points are different!)

Does anyone or can anyone answer these :

Are the cups exhaust mounts in the same place as the Mk2? (This could assist 172 owners in improving throttle response as the cups exhaust system has a lower density cat)

Does the cup share its shocks with the Mk2?

Is the Cups ECU the same Siemens Sirius as in the Mk2?

Is anyone aware of any other changes?

Ill set to and research this myself, but I was wondering if anyone could save me the trouble?

If youve got a couple of camels, why not! ;-)

As it happens, Im parting with the Mk2 this Wednesday... I run (or as the girfriends would say, "we") a new Pug 206 Gti, thank god I never have to drive it...... "Are we going backwards darling????" :cry:

OK, Ive done some digging........

The shocks are different again but the ECU is still a Siemens Sirius 32. Ill report back on the exhaust when I next come across a ramp!

Imagine how I felt when I said bye bye to my ACS S3 in return for a girlfriend (which ultimately cost more!), a house and a bloody 206 GTI for the girlfriend! (I sooooo resent the 206, its not just a number..... its a sentence!)

If it werent for Renault and the 172 Id be a broken man ;-) Ive had more fun from the £14k Renault than I ever had from the £43k BMW and its for this reason Ive gone for the Cup!!!

2/3 years ago I used to enjoy slayying hot hatches in the S3 (Pointless really, its hardly a fair challenge) but now the pleasure is in kicking the ass of the abundant BMW 330s.... far more rewarding and I know only too well what these cars cost to run..... and for what?? a chesterfield sofa with wheels ;-)

I read somewhere that the ECU has been played with on the CUP compared with the 172 and they changed the throttle controller to give better throttle responce.

Mmm thats interesting, I understood the improved throttle response is due to the different cat. thats used (Having said that, that also means the map will be slightly different) any other thoughts/ideas??? Im keen to get to the bottom of this!