ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 & 18

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
How much would it be to get insured on a 172 Mk I or II at 18 years old with no N.C.B and being on parents insurance as one of them being the named driver and myself being an additional driver, as fully comp as well. Just curious at the moment.

Also would there a big price diffrence if it was a Williams ?

Thanks, Ben.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Will the Parent be the main driver of the vehicle??

If not this is known as Insurance Fronting - illegal !

Read the stickied threads in this section....

Id assume it still to be quite expensive, as most companies wont let under 25's be added to a policy which has a high group rated vehicle.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
How long is a peice of string.......

It ALL depends on so many variables, age, location, drivign history etc etc etc

As mentioned already insurance companies ARE aware of fronting.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Breaking the law, cancelled insurance, not covered in the event of a crash. People seem to think insurance companies are stupid - "they'll never find out" yeah, they'll only come knocking on your local neighbours doors and ask them who they see regularly driving said car....

Don't be a dick. Get your own insurance if you want a fast car.

Are you aving a laff?

Named driver on your rent's hot hatch?
Insurers are not daft you know!

Unless you have no value of money and are prepared to shell out 3k I'd think about a 1.4 ;)

Impreza P1
got insured on my 172 cup at 19 .... it can be done legally

Firstly you need a bird thats into fast cars like mine here below Jackie & Kelly 2005 032.jpg

then go to either Admiral or Quinn as it cost us £1100 quid for a 10month bonus accelerator.

But we had 2 years no claims then again Cups are extremely difficult to get insured on due to fact so many have been crashed.

Get a bird and you can have one of these lolImage032.jpg

Last edited:
  Impreza P1
She drives the car regularly I only drive it occasionally as I get the train and only take it out twice a week if im lucky.

just go to confused.com. And then you aint guessing. As soon as I got 1 years no claims my quotes dropped to stupid prices. I was paying 550 for a 1.0 micra, and the next year I was quoted 410 for a 2.5 skyline. So get a years no claims !

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
just go to confused.com. And then you aint guessing. As soon as I got 1 years no claims my quotes dropped to stupid prices. I was paying 550 for a 1.0 micra, and the next year I was quoted 410 for a 2.5 skyline. So get a years no claims !

What age is that at !!!

Id love to get those kidn of prices when i was 17/18 lol

i got quoted 1500 when i first passed on a 1.2 16v, so i think you should be looking for a smaller engine, unless you have money to burn (in which case can i have some :()

jamie