ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182/197 Clios and New Vxr Corsa

What do you's boys and girls think of the VXR Corsa ??

Is it a 197 182 and 172 slayer ????

As its 190bhp (i think) :(

Or will our renaults match it ?

As Vauxhalls coming out with a fair few turbo jobbie cars now :dapprove:

On sale in March, it will cost £15,595 -£400 less than Renault's Clio Renaultsport 2.0. It's faster than its French rival too, covering 0-60mph in a claimed 6.8sec (Clio 7.5sec) and reaching a top speed of 140mph (Clio 128mph). It's also less thirsty than the Renault, with a combined economy figure of 35.8mpg compared with the Clio's 31.7mpg.

maybe not then ....... I'd av him lmao

On sale in March, it will cost £15,595 -£400 less than Renault's Clio Renaultsport 2.0. It's faster than its French rival too, covering 0-60mph in a claimed 6.8sec (Clio 7.5sec) and reaching a top speed of 140mph (Clio 128mph). It's also less thirsty than the Renault, with a combined economy figure of 35.8mpg compared with the Clio's 31.7mpg.

Good find...

Aint the 197 slower than the 172's and 182's though ?

Good find...

Aint the 197 slower than the 172's and 182's though ?

yes but it has more toys , toys .....you aint got time to play with toys

AFTER ALL ITS A VAUXHALL, ALL THE CHAVS WILL HAVE HARD ONS...

""A NEW CORSA BOYS OH YEAH"" and think there the boys
LOL
:)

Mini Cooper S sport
Clio isn't 7.5 seconds to 60!

I do like the sound of the Corsa VXR though..I'm almost tempted (I hate myself)

MKIII 138
theres something dry, subtle and cheeky about rensports. the astra i expect to have a shiny steering wheel like a used car when someone doesnt know how to do interior cleaning so uses mr sheen for that overly shiny black plastic interior.

for dumm`ys the vaxhaul is crap

133/225/CLS AMG
Being a turbo it'll be easy to re-map and get over the 200bhp mark as well!!

But at the end of the day, its still a new Corsa and they're uglier than most of the new shaped motors and don't forget they're now massive too. (much like the 197 anyway).

You guys know it's a Vauxhall right ? It will probably have a trail link suspension and have an impossibly stiff ride . Does anyone know if Lotus helped with the Chassis or not ?

Have I mentioned it's a Vauxhall ?

Mk4 .:R32
If the Astra VXR is anything to go by it will have too much power for it's kak handling. Lets all buy a car that will torque steer into a tree.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Vauxhall still haven't got back to me regarding the test drive. :(

I think it looks great - much, much better than the 197, but I don't think it will be a patch on the Clio in terms of handling.

Only comes with 16s as standard - the 18s being an optional extra. Initial finance quotes are around £23 per month less than a Meggy R26. Gee, I wonder which one I'd consider then? ;)

D.

It's a lot nicer than the old corsa. It's kinda like a squashed new astra sri. Wouldn't mind a blast in one. Is it gonna be the quickest car in it's category? Or is the new cooper s quicker?

Not convinced about the 197 just yet. Theres a blue one near my house, doesn't do much for me. I think Renault should have just whacked a 225 megane engine in it!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Just read the review in Auto Express, they said it handled & steered far better than the new cooper s . . which was voted better than the 197 :quiet:

Mini better overall though due to looks/image of VXR . . .

Will be massive tuning potential, but its still a Vauxhall

E90
Just read the review in Auto Express, they said it handled & steered far better than the new cooper s . . which was voted better than the 197 :quiet:

Mini better overall though due to looks/image of VXR . . .

Will be massive tuning potential, but its still a Vauxhall

Cue 90% of the people who posted on here, opening wide and shoving a massive piece of humble pie in.

Scirocco GT 210
rofl @ all the "it's a Vauxhall" quotes. You drive a Renault ffs! :rolleyes:

Personally I like the look of the new corsa VXR, like it a lot. May have to go test one out.

MKIII 138

lol the 197 gets slower every review.. started off at 137, then to 135, then to 131, now its top speed is 128 !

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Vauxhall have certainly upped their game with this new Corsa VXR - It does look good and no doubt it will go like stink but for £15.5k i'd get a proper toy like a VX-Turbo....

Maybe its me, i may just want a bigger car (cue Megane 230) or something RWD...I just can't make up my mind, and besides, when i think about changing the 182, i just plant my foot and it instantly brings a smile to my face.

Anyway, more info:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4264

Tys.

MKIII 138
i just plant my foot and it instantly brings a smile to my face.

dont get a meg then, its not the old skool turbo shove its much more refined you dont even know your doing way over the limit and the engine + sound insulation is as good if not better than my old mans Audi A4.

astra vxr has that low down wallop you need, no actual diffo in pace from the meg just feels a bit faster like a diesel it hits a ll at once and then dies off where as the megane pulls to the redline.

MKIII 138
rofl @ all the "it's a Vauxhall" quotes. You drive a Renault ffs! :rolleyes:

Personally I like the look of the new corsa VXR, like it a lot. May have to go test one out.

LOL Spot on steve, spot on,:D

yup vaxhaul have been pretty reliable for a while now. a few months ago i had an abused runaround 1.8 ecotek vectra estate (dont tell anyone) it had 120,000 miles and was a 1997 no problems at all.

modern ones are pretty tight too.

lol the 197 gets slower every review.. started off at 137, then to 135, then to 131, now its top speed is 128 !

yeah know wot you mean , this was found from the vxr corsa write up ...lmao

clio 197
It's faster than its French rival too, covering 0-60mph in a claimed 6.8sec (Clio 7.5sec) and reaching a top speed of 140mph (Clio 128mph).

197 is 6.9

Perforemance
Max. speed (kph) 215
0 to 100 kph (s) 6.9
400m standing start (s) 15
1,000m standing start (s) 27.5

Impreza P1
Nice little car but I just prefer the Clio.

I'd never pay 15k for a FWD hot hatch there is so much more you could buy for 15k.