ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Owners, how old are you

B-road bully

im 18 tho its a 172 lookalike (1.2) end of the day its a car young ppl cant really run them anyway, ill wait till im bout 21/22 and get the mk3 rs clio:D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Was 29 when I got it, (April 2004), 30 now but feel like Im 2 15 year olds on the inside!!!

I fancy a Westfield Megabusa as my next car!!! :D

BMW 120i Sport

Would have bought the car sooner, but I lost 2 years NCB when i dinged someones car at 5pmh (the git claimed for a tiny mark that would have T-Cut out). Insurance on the 182 at the time would have been thousands, so had to wait :(.

Im 44. I have just got rid of my Evo VIII to get double the fun...with my forthecoming 182 cup and a Radical clubsport that I pick up tomorrow, not to mention the caterham and 106 rallye (which my daughter claims is hers, but I bought it!).

I as going to ask Arianne exactly the same question!

Graham

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

22 now, but 20 when i got mine which was 2nd car after a 1.0 corsa rock on. so far had two brand news cars which by 20 was nae bad!!

mind you passed test within 8 days of being 17!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by MOJJO on 24 March 2005

Before we had out little girl I had an really nice Ibiza Cupra 2.0 16v, now that was a great car, really loved the way it drove and red lined soo well, thats what started my obsession with 16 valvers and has lead the way to wanting a clio 172. We owned a 225 tt for 3 months until I bloody made the wife preggers for the second time, that was a cool quick car but its obvious and although you had a mighty bang when the turbo came in it wasnt as eager to rev as the Cupra we once had.

I could talk all day about it but am off to pub
Im 35 with a 13 year old kid and from the day he was born Ive had nothing but hot hatches, his first car journey was in a 1985 XR2!

Ive never done the big family car thing and never will, I dont understand (unless you have lots of kids) why people think that a baby means boring car, unless I’m missing something fantastic about Volvo estates??

Bought my 172 when I was 33 :cool:

R26

you ARE missing something fantastic about Volvo estates - the V70 T5 is a sweet car to drive - so so smooth comfy and quick. I drive one every other day - both have their plus points. Above 90 and the volvo feels far more solid and powerful. Dont get me wrong Im not saying its better than the sport but - it aint boring - it eats up the motorway journeys. Its like going along the motorway on a lazyboy.

However, dont try and go along a B road in one anywhere above 60 - they will get you!

P.S - oh, im 28