ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Steering wheel wear?

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
Have any of you RS owners experienced any premature (as in after 20/30K of ownership) wear on 172/182 steering wheels? My mate is really mad coz his wheel has basically disintergrated on him (and he doesnt have Acidic sweat or nething!!!!) and hes only done 20k! (04 172)

How many of you have had this problem? My friend wants to start some sort of campagne to get this sorted coz reno want £300+VAT to replace it, even though the car is still in warrenty! Hes got an address to send complaints to at reno, and hes got Autotrader and Whatcar mag contacts to use if needs be!

his email is nessynightmare@hotmail.com

_phil

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mine is fine after 37k, like new. Although I know many others have had problems with the rubber grips splitting.

Clio 197
Mine's mint - 34.5k so far (Jan 05 182)

I know that some of the MK2 172's did indeed have that problem (both the ones I know of were Flame Red too!).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine's falling apart at 53k + 2yrs old.

Leather on both sides, 3 + 9 o'clock is badly worn and lumpy, one rubber insert has all but disintegrated, other insert is starting to crack.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
MarkCup said:
Mine's falling apart at 53k + 2yrs old.

Leather on both sides, 3 + 9 o'clock is badly worn and lumpy, one rubber insert has all but disintegrated, other insert is starting to crack.

Exactly how mine went. And not covered under warranty. :(

Get the standard done under warranty then buy a momo or similar then remove brand spanking (bus) wheel and put it away until you sell the car on. Job done.