ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 strut top knocking fix

A silver one
i've not had good dealings with them either.

last time they promised me a courtesy car, so i go there after a 12 hour nightshift only to be told they hadnt got any and i had to wait for 2 hours while they sorted the problem. was falling asleep in the waiting area :(

Sorry to ask, there are no washer at all in the standard original setting right?
But mine do have a 18.5 inner diameter/ 3mm thick washer (but small outer diameter) see attached pic. Is that standard?

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
yeah s**t, sorry, i got my wires crossed, Hanley Renault is the big dealership

as yoz says above is the one i'm on about

Lionel Richie
Sorry to ask, there are no washer at all in the standard original setting right?
But mine do have a 18.5 inner diameter/ 3mm thick washer (but small outer diameter) see attached pic. Is that standard?

what the hell happened to that!!!!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
If anyones interested, I have 10 pairs of these washers.:D

£6 per pair posted,

3mm thick galvanised mild steel, 40mm o/d 18.5mm i/d, laser cut with nitrogen for finish.

Before Fred says anything to the contrary, they should be accurate to within 0.1mm at these sort of dimensions;)

I have tested initial samples and they work a treat. Had mine fitted at Angelworks during service.

James

ps,....Fred, I'll buy you a pint....:cool:

what the hell happened to that!!!!

I don't know, but that is from when I got my car. It has internal diameter of hole at 18.5mm.

BTW, my knocking problem on front right bottom (when brake) finally solved with "NEW SUSPENSION ARM". Plus no more knock during parking. But it is not the ball joint problem. It is about the metal tube thing from the bush area. Will post a new tread on that after I found out exactly what happen.

BTW, I think my garage guy removed the washer on top mount? He said there should have no washer??? Is that correct?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
they should not be made with a washer as standard, but the washer helps to cure the knocking problem that some might have. The previous owner obviously did have it and used a washer that wasnt a flush fit, and as a result it just looks obliterated.

Lionel Richie
there is no washer fitted to the car from new, this is a moddification i have unleashed upon the world to fix the strut top knocking

SchwepTek™
Just got my 182 and think I have this problem!!! Knocking noise coming from the front either side when going over large speed bumps or when steering on full lock!!! Can i get these washer things???

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
just go get them stainless steel top mounts from GDI, they don`t half make my cup handle amillion times better (cause its slammed on coilovers) n they stop the knockin!

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
GDI`s in cambridge, give them a ring n they will sent them to u mail order. 2 sorts, 1`s mild steel (rust-not gud) other is stainless steel (no rust-the 1`s i hav) i pay`d £205 for mine,defo worth it thou imo as there is no movement in the suspension on cambered road or on uneven country roads (by that i mine steering wheel movement if ya get what i mean)

'02 Monaco Blue 172
If anyones interested, I have 10 pairs of these washers.:D

£6 per pair posted,

3mm thick galvanised mild steel, 40mm o/d 18.5mm i/d, laser cut with nitrogen for finish.

Before Fred says anything to the contrary, they should be accurate to within 0.1mm at these sort of dimensions;)

I have tested initial samples and they work a treat. Had mine fitted at Angelworks during service.

James

ps,....Fred, I'll buy you a pint....:cool:

do you still have any of these available? if so, how can i get some from you?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150

Grrr, Finland is not listed in yozzas checkout page as shipping country!
I really need these, my 182 creaks like %$&* and idiots in garage knows nothing and quoted ludicrous 700 euros for changing... well apparently the whole front section of my car!

Anyone posting to Finland?

I have an unwanted set, you can have them, just pay me the postage and packing.:D

Das

Clio 182
Hey guys,

I need some of these washers from Yozzasport. I placed an order on the website, although it didn't ask for any method of payment and said they'd be in touch regarding the order. It's been 3 days now and haven't heard anything...! Does anyone have any for sale or knows of anywhere else I can buy them?

Thanks peeps :)

Bus w**ker
No guide really needed, all you're doing is putting the washers under the top caps.

But here's Fred's guide from earlier in the thread CLICK.