ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Weights

R

rich[182]

Anyone know kerb weights of 172,172 cup,182,182 + cup-pack and 182 cup ?

Someone did a post on this inc individual weights of alloys,tyres,jack etc but due to restricted search engine at the mo I cant locate it

Not sure weights from homepage is correct as the 172 cup doesnt seem much lighter than std 172 - or is that right ??

** ps approx how much lighter will a stainless cat back zorst be than renaults cat back effort ?

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

mk1 172 weighs in at about 1056kg

mk2 172 Cup weighs in at about 1020kg

mk2 172 weighs in at about 1080kg

mk2 182 weighs in at about the same as the mk2 I think.

Im only posting what I remember are the correct values...I could be wrong though

dk

911 GTS Cab

182 is 1080 i think and 182 cup 1060, 172 mk2 is heaviest with 172 cup in at 1020 i think

Black 182 + Recaros

How much of this weight is the wheels. How much weight would you save from swapping standard MK2 (non-cup) wheels to OZ SuperL wheels. I know these wheels are very light.

E91 M Sport

I changed the wheels on my Racing Puma from Fords OEM 17" alloys to Speedline Turinis 17" and I saved 4kg a wheel = 16kg. And its all unsprung baby!

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 08 December 2004

These weights dont take into account driver and fuel load. Try adding 130-150kg on top for real on the road driving weights.
No, try adding your weight and the weight of half a tank of fuel (not sure without checking specific gravity of fuel, but half a tank in the Clio would be roughly 20 kg)

If your going to be pedantic, at least be correct...

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 08 December 2004 at 5:30pm]

Average weight of a UK male is 80kg. 50 litres of fuel weighs about 40kg. Add on other liquids such as coolant water/windscreen washer/engine and gearbox oil.

Thats a good 130kg on top then.

VaVa

Yes, but you rarely have a full 50 litres of fuel on board (I never do) and even if you fill up, that weight is decreasing as soon as you leave the forecourt is it not??

He wanted to know the difference between the cars. Not the cars and driver. With him driving, the ratio remains the same thus using an average figure is of no use to him (unless he happens to weigh the same ass the average figure of course!!).

Yep true lagerlout but for purposes of PWR figures and the likes a lot of people seem to forget these extra weights. I mean a car doesnt drive itself!

I always fill my tank upto the max. I dont see the point in going to the petrol station every 5 minutes to put a tenners worth of fuel in it. Maybe thats just me as im lazy c**t and prefer going every 2 weeks or so.

172 GTR

What makes the mark 1 lighter than the mark 2. Clearly the cup is lighter coz its not got the spare tyre tools abs etc..

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Some had an aluminium bonnet which would save a fair bit of weight, not sure which one these weights would be from though.

I guess the rest is just down to the different dash / interior / toys / rear bumper. Those 15" OZ F1s have got to be lighter than the heavy Mk2 wheels too id have thought.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I fitted an aluminium bonnet the other day and its considerably lighter than the normal one. One person can pick the alloy one no problem (swing it round your head and everything) takes two people for the steel one.

were did you get the alluminium bonnet from? can you still get them from renault? I thought about getting one and have it just polished. then clear lacqeured

Clio Sport S

According to spanish mag AUTOMOVIL, these are the weights:

Clio 16v : 970 kg

Clio Williams : 1056 kg

Clio Sport mk1 172 cv : 1076 kg

Clio Sport mk2 172 cv : 1112 kg

Clio Sport S (Cup) : 1022 kg

Clio Sport mk3 182 cv : 1126 kg

Clio 197

Gosh! Makes my car seem heavy at just under 1400 kg!

I remember looking at a used MK1, and I noticed that the bonnet was very light when I opened it (Id also looked at an MK2 on the same day).

Did the MK2 172 come with Alpine speakers as standard? If so, why do they have the cheapnlight speakers in the 182? (is it a weight saving effort or cost saving effort??)

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 08 January 2005

Gosh! Makes my car seem heavy at just under 1400 kg!

I remember looking at a used MK1, and I noticed that the bonnet was very light when I opened it (Id also looked at an MK2 on the same day).

Did the MK2 172 come with Alpine speakers as standard? If so, why do they have the cheapnlight speakers in the 182? (is it a weight saving effort or cost saving effort??)

Cheap and nasty in the MK2 172 and the 182

Had both and changed as quick as i could

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The actual figures from renault were/are

172cup 1021 kg (89kg weight saving over the 172)
Mk1 172 1035kg (alloy bonnet version)
Cup with c/c 1050kg
182 cup 1070kg
182 1090kg
Mk2 172 1110kg
Cheers.

[Edited by Tom on 10 January 2005 at 1:17am]

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 09 January 2005

The actual figures from renault were/are

172cup 1021 kg (89kg weight saving over the 172)
Mk1 172 1035kg (alloy bonnet version)
182 cup 1070kg
182 1090kg
Mk2 172 1110kg
Cheers.

but what, apart from the spare wheel has been removed or lightend from the 182 ? its got twin exits instead of one but are these lighter. ive been under the impression for some time like others that the 182 was slightly heavier than all of those including the mkII172 (hence no rise in insurance grp).

also i belive the reason for the 182cup being only 20kgs lighter (yet cheaper) is to then bring out aftermarket lightweight recaros in order to bring the 182cup down to 172cup weight without effecting insurance group, cleaver way of doing the cup but you have to pay £1000 extra on 182cup to get the real deal thus bringing the price upto normal 182 level.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

what makes you think the recaros are any lighter? £50 says they arent!

182 has no spare and no wheel well, thats what makes it lighter.