ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 2003 CUP HOT STARTING PROBLEM HELP ANYONE OUT THERE

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi just replaced tdc sensor and wiring loom renault parts got car out of garage parked up 15 mins later car difficult to start cranks doesnt rev or fire car has had se new throttle body and tdc and loom what else could it be HELP someone please anyone around south wales who could help me desperate car doing my nut in thanks al

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
My track car does this. I take the TDC sensor off, clean and refit and it starts.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Thanks just replaced that and new throttle body any more ideas any1 coil,sensor,plugs pedal?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ANY1 HELP COULD IT BE BATTERY OR COOLANT TEMP SENSOR ? ANY1 IN CARDIFF AREA CAN HELP

Clio 182
When my 182 had a hot start problem I replaced the coolant temp sensor and that fixed it. Was obvious on mine as temp guage would shoot up and down occasionally when the car was up to temp. May be worth a try as part was cheap and easy to replace.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
its the crank sensor off to get coolant sensor tpmoz putting original new plugs coil leads battery want the car perfect hopefully then itll be sorted thanks

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
car only has 3ok miles from new its had 3 lady owners so ive got a peach and want it running perfect lol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi mike sorry very tired do u mean change the coolant temp sensor and where is it located and thanks for reply alex

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
It's below the throttle body on the engine block with wires attached obviously - to test if you've found it, unscrew and see if coolant comes out (do it when the engine is cold).

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Dan thanks goping to fit new cts tuesday if no joy will be in touch thanks again alex

Clio 172
Hi Guys,

I have a problem which is driving me nuts. the car start and ticks over fine. if I press throttle it tries to stall unless I press it slow. ounce revs go up I can rev the hole range but if I press pedal quick it just tries to stall. any help

Clio 172
Really desperate to sort problem, I have fitted new thermostat and temp sensor and new tdc but wouldn't run properly at all with new tdc. so I fitted old tdc which had a odd tick over but it now ticks over fine but tries to stall every time I press the gas pedal. Help help help lol

Clio dci 100
Stick with the new TDC sensor, see if gets better. Happened on my missus's car last week, was worse with new TDC sensor, but sorted itself out after a few little journeys

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
FIXED NEW COOLANT SENSOR AND BATTERY HAS SOLVED HOT STARTING ISSUE CAR NOIW GOES LIKE THE CLAPPERS LOVE DUSTING CHAVS OFF AT THE LIGHTS LOL AND IM 31 SO THANKS TO EVERY 1 WHO HELPED ON THIS POST YOUR HELP IS SOLVED PROBLEM AND REDUCED MY STRESS LEVELS THANKS AL:cool::approve::)