ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 air intake behind grill or behind light??

clio 172 exclusive n
been reading up about cold air intakes
iam getting mine done next week -- iam keeping the air feed to passenger arch but making it 70mm and taking acoustic valve off

i dont know wether to leave the 2nd one behind the light and make it 70mm or ask the guy doing it to take the 70mm ducting down to the bottom grill and fix it there with a horn to attract more air???

ive also got a pannel filter to replace standard filter so what would be best behind the light or behind the grill or no difference at all?? thanks in advance peeps

hope you enjoy your friday and weekend

ps
ph 1 172 :) thanks

ValverInBits
on a ph1, the best place for it has to be below the passenger Hlight behind those slitty grills that the Ph1s get

FTW mate

clio 172 exclusive n
so basically replace the ones that are there allready ie behind light and behind wheel arch?? just make them a bit bigger?? 70mm??

clio 172 exclusive n
on a ph1, the best place for it has to be below the passenger Hlight behind those slitty grills that the Ph1s get

FTW mate

sounds good for exclusive as well would be hidden :) and probs easier for the guy then routing it all way down to grill looks like there is naff all room there :eek: very tight

Ph1
You dont have a acoustic valve if you own a ph1 172. They came on ph 2 172's / 182's

Problem is with the headlight grill their isnt that much room.

Ive got mine in the fog light which does the job. Its all down to personal taste tho.

Lots of Alfas
Ive modified the two standard feeds with 70mm piping to behing the grilles. See my guide in the guides section.

PS the 172mk1 doesnt have an acoustic valve.

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

clio 172 exclusive n
wicked , thanks for info about accoustic alve , :eek:

any links to this guide?? would be well appreciated or even the title would help me find it mate nice 1