ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 and Celica's

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
A 140 would be lunch but a 190 would be pretty close although they're quite heavy IIRC.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
It's just a 190 with a kit.

189bhp, 133lb/ft, 1145kg, 0-60 in 7.2.

2016 Audi RS3
A guy I worked with recently had one of the new Celica GTs. Took it for a spin and wasn't that impressed, the power is very linear and there is a definite lack of torque.

Through the gears the 172 is considerably more pacey - car performance isn't all about 0-60 times.

Clio 172 phase 2 cup
A guy I worked with recently had one of the new Celica GTs. Took it for a spin and wasn't that impressed, the power is very linear and there is a definite lack of torque.

Through the gears the 172 is considerably more pacey - car performance isn't all about 0-60 times.

Dont agree with the celica 190 power being very linear at 6k when the vvtli kicks in it goes like a rocket, yes the 140 is very linear as you would expect from a vvti but not the 190 with vtecesque system on it.

Civic Type-R
My dad has a 190/t-sport :) in a straight line mine was slightly quicker (that was before inlet manifold and remap). However they are very very good on the corners, so much grip. Build quality is excellent though and lovely interior. Dont like the whole all or nothing power though, below 6k revs its a bit lifeless. After 6k though it pulls like mad.

Clio 172 phase 2 cup
Ao racerstu you agree with me in them being a bit peaky cracking engine though on the whole made by yamaha the engine well at least designed.

My dad has a 190/t-sport :) in a straight line mine was slightly quicker (that was before inlet manifold and remap). However they are very very good on the corners, so much grip. Build quality is excellent though and lovely interior. Dont like the whole all or nothing power though, below 6k revs its a bit lifeless. After 6k though it pulls like mad.

What do you have Stu ?

A 172 ?

Mountune Tractor
the celica may not be as fast but it's a lovely place to be, much better interior on the tsport than a 172.

Jag Mondeo -Type
Yeah agreed. Whilst the 1*2 are faster (acceleration and top speed) than my Celica 140, I think the Celica is better is many ways. The interior is a different class to the Clio, gorgeous driving position, much nicer steering wheels, brakes aren't as sharp as the clios though. Overall i prefer the Celica to my old 172 cup.

Yeah agreed. Whilst the 1*2 are faster (acceleration and top speed) than my Celica 140, I think the Celica is better is many ways. The interior is a different class to the Clio, gorgeous driving position, much nicer steering wheels, brakes aren't as sharp as the clios though. Overall i prefer the Celica to my old 172 cup.

But the 172FF interior a lot nicer than the 172 cup ?

I have leather/alcantara seats climate control auto xenon lights and wipers etc etc the cup doesn't. :S

Isn't the 172FF on par with Celica inside ?:S

Apart from the odd french rattle. :(

Ha ha ;)

phase 1 172

I have leather/alcantara seats climate control auto xenon lights and wipers etc etc the cup doesn't. :S

Ha ha ;)

spec wise simila but the layout in the celica is a whole lot nicer place to be than the clio especially with the wrap round centre dash

phase 1 172
2002%20Celica%20GT-S%20Interior.jpg

Ha ha ;)

Just been thinking does the celica have auto lights, auto wipers etc etc ? :S

Jag Mondeo -Type

Ha ha ;)

Yeah but the Celica interior (IMO) is better than the ff one. Mine has cloth seats, but the driving position, build quality, comfort, styling are better, again only my opinion (cant be arsed with an argument)

As for weight, they vary from 1140-1190kg (iirc)

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Its funny, i had a play with a 190 the otherday (well assume it was a 190 as it had red writing of "190" on the back). Didnt seem to move away and if id of been a bit harder on the throttle and gear changes im confident id of passed him. There ok.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like them and agree on the interior being a nicer place,plus they dont break as easy.Its not a bad thing to have one of these

Tangoed Works
no point in having an excellent driving position if you cant do anything with it. love the 190 gt though

BMW F21 125d
Id like to have a play with a 190 to see how it'd be, being biast id say the clio would have the edge. The Celica is a nice looking car, especially the interior, but the standard exterior lets them down (s**t wheels, no rear spoiler etc)