ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Binding Rear Offside Brake Caliper

My 2003 172 appears to have a binding rear offside brake caliper, it is not noticeable when driving and the only reason I have noticed is because when cleaning it the other day, the wheel was alot dirtier with thick brake dust!!! Anyone got any ideas on solving this or is it a new caliper? If a new caliper any idea on cost?

Cheers

Tim

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like edde says . Strip it down . I had a rear caliper with the adjuster screw rusted inside . Its easy to strip down , bit of a tw*t to put back together as there are 5 spring washers inside and they are hard to compress when putting it back together .

Like edde says . Strip it down . I had a rear caliper with the adjuster screw rusted inside . Its easy to strip down , bit of a tw*t to put back together as there are 5 spring washers inside and they are hard to compress when putting it back together .

Has anyone got any notes or manuals on stripping the caliper down, or has anyone got any second hand ones for sale. Rang Renault today and they have no stock apparently, appears to be a renault only part. Also best place for rear disc and pads, any ideas?

Has anyone got any notes or manuals on stripping the caliper down, or has anyone got any second hand ones for sale. Rang Renault today and they have no stock apparently, appears to be a renault only part. Also best place for rear disc and pads, any ideas?

Yozzasport is the best place realy for them.

GSF do exchange rear calipers I'm sure.