ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 car tax band

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
Hi, my car tax is up at the end of Jan and just tried to look up the price of a years car tax on the website but as I dont have my V5 with me i'm unsure of my cars carbon emissions

'02' plate 172 FF

Clio 182
Mine was £210 this year ... think yours will be the same? There is talk of the tax going up next year as they are changing the tax bands so I think ours would be £260 ... but not sure if that's for definate yet?

A whole fiver more than i paid last year then lol but has that not changed with the 2.5% reduction in VAT?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine was £210 this year ... think yours will be the same? There is talk of the tax going up next year as they are changing the tax bands so I think ours would be £260 ... but not sure if that's for definate yet?

Didn't Gordon Brown and Alistair darling back track on the new rates of car tax ? I thought it was only going up from £210 to £215 in 2009 -10 and £235 in 2010-11 .

lol my car could be mistaken for either of yours, are silver 172 ph2 that common haha

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
lol my car could be mistaken for either of yours, are silver 172 ph2 that common haha

they are pretty common but i've spoken to a few ppl on here with Monaco Blue and Liquid Yellow etc... and some of them prefer it in the Iceberg Silver. TBH it was pure luck I bought that colour, wouldn't mind black tho :approve:

Yeh mine was a spur of the momenty decision, was the only 172 in the used car dealership and was love at first site but wouldnt say no to a black or blue, you'll always want what you dont have though i think

Clio 182
Mines a 182 :S ... mind you the only noticcable difference being that I have two exhausts poking out the back like wheel barrow handles ... think its so u can push them out the way easier when they break down :D

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Yeh mine was a spur of the momenty decision, was the only 172 in the used car dealership and was love at first site but wouldnt say no to a black or blue, you'll always want what you dont have though i think

exactly the same situation here. Only one in used car lot. I think its probably the nicest colour on the clio. Usually I dont like black but there is a guy on here with a "stealth" look - black wheels , black windows etc and it looks quite swish :)

Well I have to say Im looking to go the Clio V6 route after this one so yeah I think either Black or Blue just because the side Air Vents dont stand out that much in Silver and thats a big characteristic of the car

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
yeah id have to agree with that too. If it was the Vee id prefer the black but id probably have the iconic blue.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I wouldnt mind so much if the roads were actually of a good standard (No other country pays as much road tax as us) and there roads are like f**king putting greens.

Alaister Darling? I wouldnt trust a man with eye brows a different colour from his head to take control over things such as road tax tbh...

Pre 2001 Skyline GT-R ftw

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Fraid the 172's made after march 2001 are going up to £270 chaps.

www.parkers.co.uk

Fraid they're not . Like i said before Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling have back tracked on that idea , at least for the foreseable future ;)

Like i said in an earlier post after the 1st of April 2009 until the 1st of April 2010 the car tax on a 1*2 registered on or after 1 March 2001 is going up to £215 then increases to £235 from the 1st of April 2010 up until 2011 . Then we'll have to see what happens , the government will probably want to increase it further if they see we are coming out of this current recession .