ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup 2.0 Original Exhaust?

Guys a friend of mine told me he was going to remove the Cataliser from the original Exhaust of his Clio 172, so the exhaust needs to be cut to be able to remove it and then solder again ( piece where it was cut to take out the cataliser) What are your thoughts on this will it gain a little more power, or nothing and its going to sound horrible. What do guys think??

Marcelo

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Also known as a decat, but i don't understand why he is cutting and welding when he could just unbolt it and buy a decat from k-tec, GDI etc etc

Clio 172 Cup
do as above.

will sound very very raspy, will give a nice power gain as you are no longer restricting the gases.

GDI'd Clio 182
do as above.

will sound very very raspy, will give a nice power gain as you are no longer restricting the gases.

Thats what i did, mine cracked a bit after hitting a speed bump so just decided to replace it with a pipe. Doesnt sound very very raspy, but it kinda is, but not very noticable to me. I just ordered the GDI exhaust so i cant wait to hear the sound of my car

Thanks guys!! Well yes i told him about K-TEC but he told me that it was cheaper to do it the way he says, but like John said, why remove and weld ..... instead of just unbolt and bolt a decat system?? Well maybe someone will chim in to explain the welding and removing thing.....? HEHEH! I think its not a good idea, what you think?

GDI'd Clio 182
I did that, cut out the cat and welded a straight pipe. make sure it done in a good quality to minimize the rattle sound as much as possible.