ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - boot floor?

Elise; V70
Hi, I'm new here, and have just bought a 172 Cup.

Can anyone tell me what should be under the carpet in the boot? Mine doesn't appear to have any sort of "floor". The previous owner cut a piece of plywood to provide some support, but I find it hard to believe that is the official solution ... ;)

FYI I have no spare wheel, so there's nothing else there to support the carpet.

TIA

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL. There should be a metal floor. On a 172 cup, it won't have a spare wheel well as i remember.

Must be f**king loud when driving.

Audi A3
im guessing you have the metal boot floor? otherwise you shouldnt of bought it!!

err is it the carpet part you dont have?

Elise; V70
im guessing you have the metal boot floor? otherwise you shouldnt of bought it!!

err is it the carpet part you dont have?

Ha ha I obviously wasn't clear. Yes it has the metal floor, i.e. the base of the wheel well; and it has the fitted carpet. The wheel well has the jack and other tools in it. What I was trying to ask is should there be something that rests across the top of the wheel well in order to give a flat surface for the carpet to lie on?

From Mark123's post it sounds as though there should be a piece of hardboard, that the previous owner has probably lost.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
yeah thats standard, mine was standard when i bought it and it came like that