ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Bought...Finally!

172 Cup
Hi, I've been after one of these for a long time, my original posts 10 years ago never actually materialised due to circumstances at the time.

So here we are 10 years later and I've finally taken the plunge and purchased a lovely example. It's about time! at 35 this brings me back to my old GTI6 and RALLYE days!

Unfortunately due to my 12 hr shifts it was dark when i came home from work and the mrs had done all the v5 and settled the remaining fee.
I've only taken it to the garage for some super unleaded so far and looking forward to Saturday when I can take it on some local country lanes.

Mondial Blue 172 Cup, I believe after some thorough research that this was Damon's previous car.

Big thanks to Paul O.S.S for the advice and tips during the searching period. Paul is an old friend/colleauge of mine and I'll be looking forward to many future meets when/if possible.

The mrs has her Golf all to herself now!! :)

Attachments

• 20191017_205459.jpg
    20191017_205459.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 20191017_205427.jpg
    20191017_205427.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: MLB

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
So here we are 10 years later and I've finally taken the plunge and purchased a lovely example. It's about time! at 35 this brings me back to my old GTI6 and RALLYE days!

At 35 I to fancied a taste of the old french hatch scene again. I tried a few GTi6's / 106 GTis but I couldn't find any good examples so also opted for a 172!

172 Cup
How does it compare to the Golf

Golfs mapped on a stage 1 so it's not slow but obviously more refined..
I feel with this after less than an hour driving its alot more hardcore, old skool feel. The golf handles well and is way more comfortable.

But I've gotta admit I'm liking this cup, breath of fresh air.I need to take it for a good drive but it's very similar to my old rallyes and 6's. I'll see how the two compare on Tuesday when the kids are at school and me and the missus can have a blast down some country lanes.. she changes up at 3k revs though!! :p

Cheers guys