ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup brake master cylinder upgrade (ABS removal)

Clio 172, Volvo XC90
this has prob been covered in other posts but did a search and didnt get a clear answer so just want clarification.

im right in the middle of removing my abs from my clio 172. i now have a 172 cup master cylinder which has 2 m10 ports and 2 m12 ports.

when i removed the cylinder from the car i didnt take note of which set went to the front and back so my main questions

1. do the m12 ports got to the rear brakes or is it the m10s?

2. is there a brake bias valve/compensator on the cup rear as iv seen people plum it up with out one (i have already bought a 1 in 1 out bias valve) so i need to block 1 port

3. im off to a local hydraulic place to see about a reducer fitting, but what has other people done to get around the pipe size difference.

if any one has pics etc it would be handy as i want to get this done so i can put the engine back in.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Can you not knock up some lines? My two front ports go to the front calipers, one rear blanked and the other to the bias valve.