ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Brakes

172 cup
Hi all, it has come time to replace the front discs and pads on my 172 cup.

I have been looking at the Brembo hc discs and ferodo ds2500 pads package from k-tec. I know many of you use these and rate them highly. Due to the fact that i don't intend to track my car is there an alternative package (cheaper perhaps) that you would recommend for "spirited" :) road use?

Thanks in advance

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Stick with it, tried and tested. Tbh, i just use standard disks, and used the 2500's. Very good!

S3, Polo
I've just bought Brembo HC's and Mintex 1144's from Pete at Auto-Nation (a Cliosport Trader).

I opted for HC's because I was worried that track-oriented pads would eat OE discs quickly and for the price Pete quoted for the HC's it didn't make sense to go for OE discs.

He's a top lad and his prices are *very* keen! Send him an email and ask him for a quote: pete@auto-nation.co.uk

:)

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Brembo HC discs, standard pads and Goodridge hoses. Jobs a good un.....i run this setup and it didn't cause me any problems when i did Snetterton earlier in the year.