ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup interior parts weights

182 cup
Just came across some notes I made when I stripped the rear of my 172 Cup. I weighed everything as I removed it from the car. They may be of some use for people wishing to do the same.

All weights in KG

Rear bench - 4.6
Rear seat back - 9.0
Isofix bar - 2.3
Parcel Shelf - 2.05
Boot Carpet - 2.2
Spare Wheel - 14.9
Toolkit - 3.5
Rear belts and Buckles - 2.35
Rear peaker panels - 1.75 each
Tailgate trim - 0.85
Trim covering rear seat belts - 0.7 each
lower boot trim - 0.7
Rear Strut cover carpets - 0.3 each

A total weight saving af around 50KG from just the rear of the car. It did feel more urgent and was alot louder inside the cabin.

Mike

cheers for that im on with taking the rear seasts out of mine at the minute so its good 2 know how much weight itl of lost when im finished

Stripped yozza'd cup
I stripped mine a while ago. Although I didn't get the weights of things, I can vouch for a noticeable change in the way the car performs and the noise! The drone inside was horrible with my ktec stealth but it's not so bad with the yozza. Still loud, but doesn't resonate in the cabin like the ktec did.

Worth noting also that the front carpet weighs a bloody tonne with all the foam and crap on it.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I stripped mine a while ago. Although I didn't get the weights of things, I can vouch for a noticeable change in the way the car performs and the noise! The drone inside was horrible with my ktec stealth but it's not so bad with the yozza. Still loud, but doesn't resonate in the cabin like the ktec did.

Worth noting also that the front carpet weighs a bloody tonne with all the foam and crap on it.

This is probably more due to the Ktec backbox facing down and the Yozza racing out, assuming you don't have the Yozza stealth which is always going to be quieter anyway.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Spare wheel in a cup?

Optional extra wasn't it?

And I don't think the drone was due to the exhaust being stealth... I'm pretty sure it's just that the resonant frequency of the interior of the car was unfortunately at about motorway cruising rpm of the ktec.

182 cup
I was amazed in how much weisht can be easily stripped from the lightweight Cup. should imagine the "FF" spec would lose even more with the leather seats

182 cup
Started to strip the 200 Cup out too,

Parcel Shelf - 1.1
Boot Carpet - 1.1
Rear Bench - 4.45
Rear Seat back and belt Buckles included - 12.5
Tool Kit - 1.7

Not quite as much as the 172 but a healthy start!

Clio 182 Trophy #229
This is exactly what i have been looking for.
I am assuming this will be pretty much the same for the 182? Would i have to tell my insurers if i was to remove all these things or put bucket seats in?

182 cup
Maybe slightly more weight reduction in a 182 as the 172 cup had cheap light interior. I told them about the bucket seats but not the removal of parts.

Clio 1.6 16V ph2 mk1
It's not a 172 Cup or even an RS ...but I've started the striping this weekend and removed around 85Kg from my Clio 1.6 16V (99/00), more or less 50Kg in the back and +-35Kg from the front of the car. The next step is battery relocation, A/C removeal and front seats swap :p