ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup is mine!

Itll be a good 6 to 12 months before I could even consider it, have to find a house first but definately interested in it, I have never left a car standard ever, I am a power junkie

God look what youve started, I am supposed to be saving money

Cheers

Tim, correct .. !!

but I still say you can have your cake n eat it...

buy an import 172...

put the grand to grand an half in the teapot.. then wait a few months..

when its all run in and you are happy, spend the dosh on whatever you want.. cams, exhaust, ecu mods etc etc..

you will still be better off m8

Joe

Mk1 V6 Import

Morning everyone - nice day for a cup - but damn I dont have AC. Thinkin of trading in as soon as I get it!!!! LOL

Sorry Cup is 0-100mph in 16.7sec

Already bought car - dont want a standard 172 - cup is different, wouldnt buy an import either - to many hassles! Happy with what Ive got - Im sure a lot of you guys if you had known about the cup before you payed over the odds for a new 172 you maybe would have thought twice?? Maybe not though - even a CTR might have been on the cards or even - wait for it a girly mini pooper S!!!! From all the reviews Ive read this, to quote EVO hardcore car, does infact wipe the floor with all of them!

Cant a guy be excited with his new toy! Could have bought a new 2001 standard 172 - the one I test drove for £11995 from my dealer, but never even thought about it. Ive got leather, AC and luxuries in my other motor and ABS but Im thinking of removing it anyway! The clio cup boys arent complaining about lack of luxuries as they horse to 100xph in 10.5 secs!!!

Anyone seen the new striped out V6 without AC, leather etc!!?? Should be a classic

According to Autocar bugeye WRX STi is 13.9 to the ton which is 3 sec quicker than cup. 16.9 more likely in a well run in std bugeye WRX territory