ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup kangaroos over 4k...

172 Cup
As the title suggests I'm having trouble. It's fine at low revs, actually drives perfect. But as soon as I wanna use the power the car throws me about. Like it hits the limiter HARD and then let's me go again for another second. Anyone have a diagnosis? Any help would be appreciated

Clio 172 cup
Sounds like limp home mode. Disconnect the battery and press brake pedal a few times.

Reconnect battery in the morning and it should be fine

clio
Change the Spark Plugs!

Yeah I know this sounds simple but mine was doing this last week - A solid rev limit at ~4.5K

I scanned it for codes and had none so it was back to basics - start looking. When I got into there the plugs were all loose (after only 25K) and the gaps were only a little big (as I'd expect at 25K). I only changed because they are a mare to get at and I didn't want to do it again later.

All fixed now - funny how routine maintenance can do that!