ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup noise and lowering

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Just changed the dogbone on my cup and car feels a lot more solid. Anyway searched for a bit but cant find definitive answers so here goes:
1. Got quite a loud tapping noise when the car is warm from the front of the car near the drivers side wing could it be the charcoal canister the car has done 31k.

2. The car looks a little unbalanced in height. It looks ok for me at the back but the front is a bit high. I think ive decided on eibach springs but am unsure which ones are best for the cup. Also can the shocks take the drop in height

Cheers Marc

172 cup
mate i bought a cup 2 wks ago with 30k on and got the tapping noise as well..would seem this is very common in them and all the guys on here say its the charcoal can so went 2 reno today and got me one.
as soon as i get time i will be puttin it on just dont wanna freeze my ass off doing it:approve: but can let u no if it worked mate

Golf GTI PP Mk7
they do look hight at the front mate, thats ajusta cup thing. as for the tapping, ive no idea, i dont it on mine.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
1. Tapping.... if it only occurs when the car is warm, try revving it. The tapping noise should go... then appear again, this is deffo the carbon cannister. £44 for a new one, easy to do too :)

2. Its a standard cup thing as mentioned, the front seems to appear 'higher' as they dont have aircon, they dont have all the pumps/pipework and extra pulleys belts etc, thus making the front a wee bit lighter than standard. As you said some ebaich will sort that nicely :) Suspension noise doesnt hppen if a car is lowered? :S (as mentioned above) Mine is fine!