ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Oil

172 Cup
I am new to all this forum chat stuff, so bear with me guys.. All help is much appreciated!

I have a 172 Cup - LOVE IT! Owned an Alfa 147 GTA and a standard 172 previously. Alfa was mega, but very nose heavy (255bhp V6 over the front wheels!). The Cup would eat it for breakfast through twisties..

Need to top the oil up. What would you suggest for performance without spending a fortune?

And, any cheapish mods to boost BHP?

Thanks in advance!

Jimbo

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
5-40 or 10-40 is fine for it

Cheapish mods to boost bhp and you've bought the wrong car

What would you consider cheap?

172 Cup
Thanks guys.

Cheap, hmm.. not sure really? Remap - what gains in BHP etc?

Man Utd fan - I am in the Stretford End on Sunday!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Remap might get you 10-12bhp providing you've got the basic breathing stuff done as well

Cool, I was in the North stand on New Years Day for the Brum game

172 Cup
Awesome.

I am not looking to "Max Power" my Cup chaps. I am not into that stuff. Just want some tidy stealthy mods to optimise the performance.

Jim

Clio 172 Cup
Give it a full service if it hasn't had one done recently.

Then work out if you've got any pennies left

172 Cup
Just been out to lunch - a small orange engine symbol on the bottom right hand side of the dash has illuminated. It's due a service so think it might be time..?

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Thats your engine emmision warning light. Ill put money on it been a lambda sensor. Pre cat too. How long have you had the car for? Id also put money on it that someone saw the light, thought "bugger that will be expensive" and decided to get the fault cleared and sell the car. Nothing to worry about, £45 for a lambda should sort it. I would get it checked to see it is the lambda though as i could be wrong. :D

172 Cup
Great, this is all helpful stuff guys. I bought the car at 17k miles. I drive it hard, but only within it's limits. I never totally abuse it. It now has 36k on it, hence the need for a service.

I just love cross country blat's in it. Got Super Unleaded in it at the moment and it's really flying.

One thing that does annoy me is that people often don't appreciate that it is a very tasty little car, they dismiss it as "just another boy racer renault" etc. A little more respect would be nice! Numpties in there rep mobiles (V6 Vectra drivers and people in 1.8t Audi A4's, you know the sort..) stand no chance. Also love Boxster bashing as well..!

Any meets/other Cup's known of in the Maidenhead or Windsor area?

You rairly see them!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look in the Meets forum, I do believe there are some around the Maidenhead/Reading area, not sure about Windsor, but there's a meet at South Mimms services soon