ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CUP OPTIONAL EXTRAS

Did you know when you order a cup 172 you can have the following optional extras fitted by renault at an additional charge -

6 POINT ROLLCAGE.

10 POINT ROLLCAGE.

CARBON METALLIC BRAKE PADS.

FIRE EXTINGUISHER.

SAFETY HARNESS.

FULL RACE SEATS.

VICKI BUTLER HENDERSON SPRAWLED OUT NAKED ON THE BACK SEAT WEARING WHITE STOCKINGS & PLAYIN WITH A 10" DILDO (only kiddin)

320d M Sport

im pretty sure 99% of people would be badly SHOT DOWN if they even requested those from Reno!!!

CB1A....i would of thought you working for ren would know the amount of crap you have to go through.

We have to sell cars they we dont even have......they sent us 5 new meganes and told up to sell 20....huh?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 19 May 2003

show us
Its true...

Got the brochure too and theyre in there! :eek:

Well, apart from the last one! :oops:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 19 May 2003

i know that, i mean show us the tangiable!
LOL

Well, thats another story... :confused:

Glad Peugeot Sport are better than Renault Sport, but if I get a Cup then Im in the same boat.

p.s. Got a Group N downpipe in the end (not fitted yet) for only £50 ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Actually, I will harass my mate and see what he says about these "options" then... ;)

lol, you got the pipe then...nice.

Peugeot sport is probably better than Renaultsport, although its hard to say with Ren entering F1.

Anyway. its RSport we should be pickin on! haha

Clio 197

Well guys and girls, I sent Alpine/RenaultSport in Dieppe a bank draft on or about 10 April for two full motorsport catalogues, one for the Willy which I still had at the time, and one for the Ragnotti which I subsequently ordered. Naturally enough, no catalogue has arrived 5 weeks later! Id hate to be waiting for a part for a rally or race car from them!

Is the cup brochure with the optional bits in it up on the net yet?

Im a bit perturbed at the moment.

My renault dealer told me these extras are not renault parts. Renaut will fit the parts but they source them elsewhere.

Clio 197

You would be surprised to find out just how much of your car is sourced elsewhere. Renault, and every other manufacturer uses bits from many different suppliers to make any of their cars.

Same would naturally be true of the seats, roll cages and other bits that are supposed to be options on the Cup.

Ed

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 19 May 2003

Did you know when you order a cup 172 you can have the following optional extras fitted by renault at an additional charge -

6 POINT ROLLCAGE.

10 POINT ROLLCAGE.

FIRE EXTINGUISHER.

SAFETY HARNESS.

FULL RACE SEATS.

VICKI BUTLER HENDERSON SPRAWLED OUT NAKED ON THE BACK SEAT WEARING WHITE STOCKINGS & PLAYIN WITH A 10" DILDO (only kiddin)
you can keep the VBH option, maybe its just me but u think she is a ropey old dog personally

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 20 May 2003

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 19 May 2003

6 POINT ROLLCAGE.

10 POINT ROLLCAGE.

FIRE EXTINGUISHER.

SAFETY HARNESS.

FULL RACE SEATS.

you can keep the VBH option, maybe its just me but u think she is a ropey old dog personally

Nope not just you I dont rate her at all, and she sounds like shes swallowed a load of track gravel when she talks..

yeah very annoying voice and when she talks her mouth goes all wonky/ looks odd like some kind of facail tick or something, if that makes any sense :confused:

STOP PRESS - spoke to renault uk today to obtain some
part numbers for these optional items & guess what ?

they dont do them for uk cars. You can source them
through renault sport though. I cant understand why they
advertise these optional extras in there cup 172
brochures ? its kinda mis-leadin - aint it !

Clio 197

That is crazy! Ive run into the same problem here. My local dealer hasnt a clue and RenaultSport in Dieppe seem to be a bit slow in responding to emails or even a bank cheque.

Not sure that I really want to deal with a company that seems so unorganised. If I ever get the catalogues which were ordered about 5 weeks ago, maybe I can soure the parts here. However, judging by the current state of affairs, I may not be ordering any parts.

This is getting very frustrating. With my Evo VI, I could order anything from Ralliart right off the net! Try and get any useful information off the RenaultSport site...

Maybe they dont want my business. Should I cancel my Ragnotti order?

The build sheet for my car says that it has standard suspension. I have e-mailed CB1A about this cause everything else on the build sheet is seen to have the difference for the Cup. Worried now.

May be the Cup has different options that you get even if you dont ask for them.

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 20 May 2003

STOP PRESS - spoke to renault uk today to obtain some
part numbers for these optional items & guess what ?

they dont do them for uk cars. You can source them
through renault sport though. I cant understand why they
advertise these optional extras in there cup 172
brochures ? its kinda mis-leadin - aint it !
Are you new at Renault?

Just that i thought you would of known this already, and your going bonkers with your dialogys! lol

The brochure said they may produce a range of performance upgrades - they didnt say when and it was never made official - Im sure they will produce these - I reckon they will issue a press release or new parts catalogue to coincide with the V6 sales release? Hopefully, fingers very crossed!

Just got this back from Renault UK.

Dear Mr *******

Thank you for your recent email regarding your Renault Clio Cup.

I can advise you that at the moment Renault are still doing extensive tests
on these parts to ensure the upmost safety aspects are fully adhered to.

Unfortunately we do not have a firm date of release for the parts in
question but are hopeful this will be in the near future.

I hope this information is of assistance to you and if you have any further
enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me on 0800 072 33 72.

Thank you once again for your interest in Renault.

Regards

Angie Matthews
Renault Customer Services