ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup owners advice

172 cup baby
just been playing with an st220 mondeo.....and when we set off,from 3rd to 4th my car didnt half crunch. the car did not go into gear when it crunched it just hit a "so called wall"after i gathered thought ans relaxed it went in easy. now the gear box does not whine etc so i dont think its that,is it me rushing things,not dipping the clutch properly? HELP!:mad:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
If you were giving it stick and rushing through the gears then yes its probably something you have done.
You've probably just mistimed you clutch and gearchange action and let the clutch up a touch early....easilly done if the adrenaline is pumping and you have a shaky left foot!

172 cup baby
will the odd gear crunch hear and there blow the supposed light weight box quickly. i dont know,maybe just take my time a bit...

J

JACKO CUP 172!

no need to rush through the box,mine does not go in to gear properly some times does not crunch justwont go in. pikey thing!!

A4 Avant & A3
Sounds like you were rushing a tad :) been there.. done that...
& got a bit worried about breaking the gearbox aswell :)
Mine's still ok.. just take it a little bit easier.

over reving the engine can cause a problem when changing gear .... just one of those things , pinicle time of gear change , keeping the revs high and smooth gear change imo

172 cup baby
thanks for the comments...when the blood starts rushing next time a race arrises will try to direct it else where....cheers fellas