ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup owners with climate control... I need your help

Black Gold Trophy
Hi guys,
I'm gathering some info as I'm planning on retrofitting climate control to a 182 cup.

I know some of the later 172 cups had climate control, so my question is:
What body control unit (UCH) is fitted to the models that had climate control?

The easiest way to find out is to look under the dash next to the bonnet release handle and you should see a black box with numbers on it.
It should say either "UCH - N2" or "UCH - N3", could a kind owner please have a look for me?

Thanks,
Jack

Black Gold Trophy
Thanks very much mate.

By rights then, if you have an N3 UCH, there's nothing stopping you fitting auto lights/xenons and auto wipers.

Land Rover
I wouldn’t bother. Standard aircon is fine, l find the climate in my 182 a right pain.

It works fine once the car is warm, but in cold weather it roasts you trying to warm it up.
It’s the same in my friends Ford C-Max. The climate goes mad trying to warm the car up (fan on full and max heat from the vents) and you end up turning it off.

Also l often want the aircon on, but if the climate doesn’t think you need it, turning it on cancels the auto function. Then if you press “auto” again then the aircon turns off!!

I’d rather set the heater myself.