ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - PAS Fluid Leak?

Clio 200 Cup
No pics as of yet but Ive noticed a buildup of thick oil / grease that seems to be mostly dryed onto a half inch diameter pipe low down infront of the alternator. Looks like theres some kind of sensor on the pipe with a white connector.

Any ideas?

Common fault?

Im thinking power steering fluid....

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
No pics as of yet but Ive noticed a buildup of thick oil / grease that seems to be mostly dryed onto a half inch diameter pipe low down infront of the alternator. Looks like theres some kind of sensor on the pipe with a white connector.

Any ideas?

Common fault?

Im thinking power steering fluid....

Yeah mate, had it on mine. I got the replacement part from a scrappy (car was just outside warranty) and it was replaced. It is PAS fluid from the sound of it...I had to replace mine every few days as it was leaking and leaving little puddles on the left hand side of the car (if you're stood in front of the car looking at the bumper/splitter).

It was about £50 including labour at a local garage, the part I got for £10 from the scrappy.

Clio 200 Cup
if its the same as a Ph1 172 (which i assume it is) ive got the part your looking for.

Have you fitted one? Im just debating doing it myself or putting the car into a garage.

How much do you want for the part? Is it brand new?

Cheers

Kev

clio 172 cup
Had this on mine, ordered a new power steering pressure switch. Fitted it myself its an easy fix.