ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Project

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Few deliveries turned up yesterday so I think I'm more or less ready to get going with the bodies. Got the polo rad, fan and throttle pedal along with all the other stuff. Gonna go and speak to the body shop about doing my aero catches today....

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't afford to do both and made more sense to take the clio to the next level. As much as I'd like to keep the rallye I can't really justify it been sat in the garage all year round.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had £95 in the PayPal account so bought this;

9942735B-CCB9-46B4-8FEF-919990431F09-5691-000004065486B1D5_zps6e313bc9.jpg

Bit big but I'm too old for the 300mm wheels.

I also bought 10L of coolant for the change when the new rad goes on. Payed for yesterday and arrived today! Excellent service!

51D99521-25A6-4084-BEBF-EC7185283958-5691-00000406348BDD21_zps656ffe45.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
When's the bodies going on? Oh and how much was the coolant? How much coolant does the system hold?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
£21 delivered from wWolverhampton renault or whatever they're called. I heard its 5L plus so bought two just in case.

Hopefully will be starting the bodies on Sunday......watch this space.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Mark of French sport tuning fame started doing the bodies today. I was working but bobbed around to see how he was getting on and he had managed to get the rad and fan off, inlet and managed to trial fit the jenveys and all seemed ok! He's gonna be doing bits and pieces this week so should be all done and ready for mapping by the end of the week. I'm going to ring rs tuning tomorrow and see when I can get booked in.

Oh, and my rear brakes appear to be sticking on.

Had a chat with Mark at the weekend about the oil breathers, think he was gonna ask you what you wanted to do with them. Good to see it making progress

If I were you - have a look at running the vacuum hoses and throttle cable towards the drivers side rather than over to the passenger side and back as most fit them. They get fecking hot over the manifold. It's on my "to do" list

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a chat with Mark at the weekend about the oil breathers, think he was gonna ask you what you wanted to do with them. Good to see it making progress

If I were you - have a look at running the vacuum hoses and throttle cable towards the drivers side rather than over to the passenger side and back as most fit them. They get fecking hot over the manifold. It's on my "to do" list

I have no idea what any of that meant. Feel free to let mark know as he's the grease monkey!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Booked in for mapping with rs tuning on the 10/09 which was the earliest they could get me in! No wonder he's driving a gtr!

LOL sorry mate no worries. There's a few options you can take with the oil breathers and vacuum hoses and stuff.

I might have a trip up to Selby this week to catch up with Mark if he's working on your car all week. Might bump into you :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
LOL sorry mate no worries. There's a few options you can take with the oil breathers and vacuum hoses and stuff.

I might have a trip up to Selby this week to catch up with Mark if he's working on your car all week. Might bump into you :)

Give us a shout if you do mate, would be good to have a look at the cup.

Yeah that's what I was thinking - my road tax runs out end of this month so wouldn't mind a bit of an evening blast somewhere. Not seen Mark in a while.

I'll let you know :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Over night parts from...........Wrexham.

Ordered yesterday and arrived this morning - excellent service from jjc.

85017307-EFC8-4879-8C76-61B093D78523-896-0000007A263DBDE2_zpsc383df33.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
No, function and fashion. The bonnet catch mechanism is going to allow space for the longer trumpets and filter so need these bonnet pins to secure the bonnet instead.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Things are never simple.

Few missing parts that I need - some bracket for the ph1 pedal and also some engine bracket mounts? Also the gen90 wasn't working the fuel pump. Apparently only available through ktec so gonna have to lube myself up.

​Happy days!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Nothing is every straight forward but will defo be worth it. Are you gonna track it when it's done? Love to see it in the metal.