ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Rear discs

LY R26
Can anyone point me in the right direction of some good value rear discs,
I dont need any pads as I already have those.

Why do some sets of discs come with a "bearing" too?

help appreciated! thanks..

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Mintex are not too bad discs...similar to OEM really.

The bearings tend to go on the Cups (well, most French cars in general), so its your call as to whether to replace all at same time, or just the disc, then the bearings...? Depends if you're paying to get them done, if so, then get the 2 done at same time if you've got a lot of mileage on the car!

clio 172 cup
Hi mate,

Replacing the discs then the bearings later isn't an option as mentioned above.
They have to be done together as they're inside the disc and you cant reuse them.

Darren

LY R26
Oh okay!
so I HAVE to buy disc's with bearings then?

is this an easy job to replace the rear discs then?

Clio's
yeh you either have to buy discs that come with bearings already in which is the easiest opption or u have to buy discs and bearings seperateley and then have the bearings pressed into the discs

Clio's
replacing them is fairly simple yeh if the beasrings are already fitted. just need to undo the 30mm hub nut and then pull the discs off

PH2 172
As previously stated - you'll need discs and bearings although it doesn't make it any more difficult to do really. Cheapest I've seen a set of discs for is about £150 a pair.

LY R26
d172 you said you paid seperately for the abs ring,
can i just leave this bit out and they'll fit fine?

did your bearings come pressed btw mate?

Renault Clio 172 16v
d172 you said you paid seperately for the abs ring,
can i just leave this bit out and they'll fit fine?

did your bearings come pressed btw mate?

Hi Mate

The whole disc with abs ring fitted and bearing pressed in was £37 + vat per disc. I suppose you could take the abs ring off, its just that I read on here somewhere, someone saying you can just put the disc with abs rings on a cup.

Darren