ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup steering wheel....melted....

RenaultSport Clio 172 Cup
Has anyone had this happen? It was like this when I bought the car... are they real leather or leather effect steering wheels?

IMGP1144.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
looks major worn to me.... my rubber thumb grip has failed on mine, so a nice SMALL momo is on its way

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Mine did this. My dealer told me it was wear and tear..... My hands don't get that hot... lol.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
The top of my wheel got very hot last year and "bobbled" a tiny bit.

Not as dramatic as yours but never the less has heated up and cooked itself.

Stupid things

visa_king said:
makes my car look really cheap, will definately have to replace it!

temp repair would be a cover 4 five quid .
leather steering wheels can be a bit pricey , need to shop around :cool:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine has gone like that on both sides (quarter to 3 positions) which is exactly where my hands spend 99% of their time.

Crap leather...haven't bothered going back to the dealers, as they're proper monkeys since Rentech Mike left :(

Good excuse to get a decent racing wheel that's 2 inches closer though.

133/225/CLS AMG
Strangely enough the Fiesta Zetec-S' had this exact same problem on their 'leather' steering wheel.
Seems that they coat the leather and its that which wears off. Wasn't aware it happened on Clios.

Wouldn't it be easier to get the wheel, retrimmed instead or replacing?

C

Cupster

^^ Yep, my zetec-s wheel did this and got it replaced under warranty. Have not seen this on any of my cups..... yet

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Mine is worn on the bottom right and top right.....ive put it down to use of the palm to spin the wheel around when parking.
Creates quite alot of friction so it obviously wears the leather, and its also where my hands usually rest (lazilly) so ive reverted back to using the thumb grips.

Megane 225+
Mines the same, maybe worse,
totally gone on the top half of wheel.
Melted looking at the top, blobby around the handgrips
I thought it was from driving with my plaster when my arm was broken?

I've just got kinda used to it!