ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup suspension on a 182 standard?

Clio 182
As above has anyone tried this? Does it make a worthwhile change. My suspension has done 66k miles and I'd like some new ones. I know the 182 cup suspension is a different size fitting.

So is this a good cheap idea or is it worthless and Un-noticeable?

Different bolt spacing iirc, and pretty pointless - most people uprate their 172 Cup suspension anyway.

172/1.2/E30
172 cup suspension has the same bolt spacing as 182 non-cup. I'd go for sportlines and yellow KONI's.

Ph2 Clio 172
Just fitted 172 Cup shocks and Sportlines to my standard 172 and the difference is really noticeable. Not driven it much, but its a lot stiffer.

Konis are always going to be better, but they are a lot more expensive too. For the money, Cup shocks and Sportlines is a great option.

And 172 Cup shocks will fit a non cup 182.

225 Cup & Williams
Only 182 cups have the different bolt spacing.

I've put new 172 cup shocks all round along with Eibach sportline springs and I find it to be an excellent setup and for the price you can't go wrong.