ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Top Radiator Brackets - pic request.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Can someone show me their 172 cup radiator top mounting brackets please?

Turns out the radiator that my car had was completely wrong so had to special order one from Renault, and now it's missing the top brackets.

I've ordered some in (7700836498), and they look wrong also - and I have no point of reference to see what they should look like.

Google threw me up lots of nice engine bay shots, but none showing what I need.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 ph2
These are the correct ones

nymu9u9e.jpg

avunydeq.jpg

I have got two sat here doing nothing.

Cup In bits
Neither of my cups have a radiator fixing like those pictured, both mine have an 'L' shaped bracket with an M6 stud on one end and rubber grommet in the other that slips over the moulded plastic pins at either side of the radiator and a 10mm nut secures it to the slam panel via the stud.

no pics sorry

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Neither of my cups have a radiator fixing like those pictured, both mine have an 'L' shaped bracket with an M6 stud on one end and rubber grommet in the other that slips over the moulded plastic pins at either side of the radiator and a 10mm nut secures it to the slam panel via the stud.

no pics sorry

See, that makes more sense to me.

Any chance you can get a picture tonight? (pretty please)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Holy thread bump Batman!

But I am missing the top brackets for my rad. I'm running without A/C (but the car had it originally). Which brackets do I need?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Don't suppose anyone has a pair of the A/C style ones above do they? I've been an utter bellend and bust have thown mine away while having the engine out.

Have you found any that fit as I need a new set as well!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I’m also looking, they are NLA. So a good used set or getting a set fabricated is looking like the only option, if I could find just the rubbers I’d like get some made in stainless

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
It does sound like it, but the rubber is probably going to be the problem. It uses the rubber to clip into the radiator doesn't it?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It does sound like it, but the rubber is probably going to be the problem. It uses the rubber to clip into the radiator doesn't it?
They don't really clip in tbh! Just sit in the gap of the radiator

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, thanks!

I'm missing mine altogether so looking for alternatives or have to wait till someone breaks a car with decent ones attached.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Are they? I thought I'd read they were specific to 1*2 except the 172 cup. That should make it easier to find.

Maybe I'll see if there any breakers near me with old Clio's but they don't seem to have any usually..

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Just checked a neighbours petrol non sport mk2 and that looked like this:

20201017_124324.jpg
20201017_124349.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's a shame. I didnt know for sure but just presumed renault wouldnt make so many types!

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t suppose anyone managed to find anywhere that sells these for a 182 with AC?
I’ve just snapped both bolts in mine.

I can still drill them out and possibly put a nut and bolt on it but would prefer a fresh set if possible?

Failing that, what’s it like running the car without them? They don’t seem to take any load or actually ‘fix’ to the rad